Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of Australias cricket good guys , and part of many childhood backyard cricket games.

Rest in Peace mate.

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Condolences to family - RIP David Hookes, what an innings you had.

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I saw the 6pm news here in NZ a few hours ago and they said he was critical, so this must be fairly recent.

R.I.P dude, think of it this way, he's probably up there (heaven) hitting the ball around with other legends of the game...

·
Falcontastic.
6,039 Posts
R.I.P mate,
I was disgusted and shocked how this happened,an absolute disgrace.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Absolutely devastating news, the bushrangers just wont be the same without him. I am shattered. I hope the 'hero' that hit him gets whats coming and that the legal system works for a change.

R.I.P Mate.

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
While I'm not a cricket fan in the slightest, I was bloody disgusted at how it happened.

RIP.

·
FF Town Sheriff
1,165 Posts
Not a good day, I just hope justice does it's job.

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
Rest In Peace David. What a tragedy. My condolences to the family. I hope justice is served to the bastard bouncer. Someone needs to teach those egotistical wankers a lesson. Not all are bad but a lot are. So no offence to anyone here.

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
A top bloke, he will be missed.

It seems he was left unconcious for too long, no cpr etc ??
An ex boxer too...
uniforms on these dickheads goes to their heads...

RIP Hooksy another good guy...

·
Idiot User
223 Posts
Poor guy he was a good man
It is bloody disgusting how things like this can happen.

I hope your right shafted coz the legal system has let us down so many times b4.

·
Mmmm...Tickford...
277 Posts
A legend of the game who will be greatly missed. I felt sick to my stomach when I heard the news.
News reports say he was king hit - like others, I hope that justice is done and the bastard reponsible gets whats coming...

R.I.P. Hookesy

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
condolences to all that know him, his family & team mates

its now time for the don ( donald bradman ) to be caught behind

·
Registered
2,627 Posts
Unbelievable here one day gone the next,i really enjoyed his comments on 3AW sports cricket and football he will be sadly missed by everyone and especially the Vic cricket Ass. what i magnificent job he had done to our state cricket team got them to be respected again as a force.
Deepest condolences to all his family and friends,its a real black day for Victoria. may he RIP

John

·
EXPERIENCED XR8 FANATIC
156 Posts
condolences to the family of another fallen cricket great. i sincerly hope this idiot gets what he deserves, as shafted has already mentioned and it sets an example to these cowboy security guards that violence isn't the means to end all. nobody deserves to be treated this way.

·
I am The Brain
3,073 Posts
I really am shocked that this has happened. It not only shows the mortality of humans, but the indecency, cowardess and downright pathetic aspect of us aswell. It is sickening that this can happen.

My sincere condolences go out to the family, friends, fans of David Hookes who are obviously feeling a whole lot worse than I am. I'm not even old enough to have seen the guy play cricket, or to really know his achievements...I really can't begin to wonder how those who were close to him feel.

RIP David Hookes.

·
Officially Bored with 347
3,584 Posts
Watched him play years ago with my dad..........
Condolences to Family & friends

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Condolences to Family & friends

He will be missed

My 2c the person who did this should be showed no mercy, what an utter coward to do something like that, even if it wasnt to an absolute legend, but an ordinary person, there is no excuse for an act like that... pure outrage

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And to top it off , the scumbag who hit Hooksy was to appear in court for doing the exact same thing ( didn't kill them though ) to someone else in an Essendon pub not long ago.
Being a boxer , getting punched in the ring will stand him in good stead when he enters jail. :AAHHH:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts