Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Memo Ford US..

BUILD THE BASTARD!!!
If you get the Raptor you can go for other spin offs like the R5. I've deadset lost count of the amount of people who have said to me they'd like an R5. Hell if I had the brass I'd buy one for work without hesitation..

·
Territory TS - AWD
2,374 Posts
Ford Man said:
Memo Ford US..

BUILD THE BASTARD!!!
Yeah! What he said.

You don't think this sign-on of mine is a coincident do you Ford.

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
No Low Range!!??

Oh no. That has put a bit of a damper on my spirit. Now my only hope is that they re-gear a six-speed manual so that the 1st gear is a low-range granny gear and the remaining 5 are set at normal 5-speed ratios.

Either that, or they push that the 6 or the 8 has so much grunt 'we decided to toss out the low-range weight.' Which is a bit of a hard sell.

.......deep breath luke.......don't panic.......deep breath........

Lukeyson

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
discokin6 said:

Such things are always cured in the aftermarket!
At huge cost!
I've said it once and I'll say it again. I NEED a 4wd Falcon wagon!

·
Ford Member
1,156 Posts
Hmm no low gear?

The upside is, I reckon they can sell the "we don't need not darn crawler gears" if they used the 7.3 litre desiel out of the f-trucks.

~650nm ~1500kg.. Hey that might work.

Afaik Holden isn't using low range gearboxes either. From what I have heard low diffs like 3.9 or 4.1 (grin) will be used in combination with electronic traction control. V8 with low diffs should do pretty well.

They aren't ment to be replacements for Defenders and workhorse patrols. But somewhere inbetween those and the audi/volvo offroaders..

It would be nice to be able to take a Falcon anywhere in Australia however..

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Even hard core off roaders are moving away from low range boxes and transfer cases. The humble chip is replacing them in an effort to save weight and provide better off road performance.

Land Rover are one of the companies developing this "new" technology and will be show cased over the next two years.

Suspension systems that adapt independant axels using hydrolic for improved wheel articulation and variable ride height systems mean that soon soft off roaders will have to be taken a little more seriously

1 - 8 of 8 Posts