Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I freind of mine just had a ride at sandown with Jim Richards in his racing porsche GT3, he thought it was great, but not quite as good as he thought.
If you went for a ride with Colin Mcrae, you couldn't help but be amazed with the driver and the car.
Racing circuits like sandown just arent dangerous I guess, and you feel as if "I could do that"
I reckon rallying is about the most exciting thing anyone can do.
I think he would have been impressed with a V8 around bathurst though.
What do you think? Anyone had a ride in anything?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Calder

I won a Auto Action comp a few years ago and got flown from Perth to Melbourne to watch the summer Nationals along with about 10 other people for around australia, go put up in a hotel and has special passes etc, got a run down the 1/4 with Russel Ingall, in wait for it, a VS 5.0lt V8, did a big burnout and all the rest, then finished it all off with a 16.2 second pass at about 138km/h!!! Russel was saying how gutless the utes were and the times they were pulling was about .5 second slower than the footy players in the XG XR's on the same day.

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Are collisions into other cars or walls included in the price, or do they cost extra?

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I would give my left arm for a ride in a v8 supercar.

Laminges is close but not if you know what I mean

·
BA XR6T
111 Posts
I guess the most exciting thing I've been in (driven) is a sprint car. Done a number of laps in one of these and (in the words of a Scotsman by the name of Stewart) "they are THE most stunning things on four wheels - makes Formula One seem tame..":D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts