Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2011 Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor. The rack and pinion has a torn boot and is leaking. The power steering pump is also leaking so combined the car has a pretty good power steering leak. I need help determining what rack and pinion I need to buy to replace my leaking unit. I read that some crown victorias have a speed sensitive steering/variable assist power steering system that reduces the power steering assist at highway speed to increase stability. How can I tell if my crown victoria has this system? If it does not can I buy an evo rack and pinion to get this or is it not that simple? I would also like to replace the high pressure lines but on RockAuto.com they have two listed; one for the
"special equipment package" and one without. Which one of these do I need? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
1,211 Posts
Check for an electrical connector near the oil filter, that’s for the variable power steering. And yes it should be the special service package.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I checked today and I saw a plug coming from the high pressure lines. Rock auto has two motorcraft rack and pinions listed: one has part number STG352 and the other has STG304. The STG352 says w/PAS reduced steering effort and the STG 304 says Hydraulic pwr steering-speed sensors. What is the difference and which should I order? Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts