Ford Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Australian Probe Member
841 Posts
The interior specificatiosn do seem to let the Stang down against its competition but its not meant to be a competitor for the XRs. Perhaps the problem with the driving position is related to a problem they had with the original Cobras in that the LHD driving side is deliberatly larger than the passenger side, so when converted to RHD......
The Alpha driving position is legend (poor) but you need that extra leverage to muscle the gear change!!

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
Just got back from the states where I hired a Mustang Convertible (V6 unfortunatly). I must say I wasn't really impressed with it and i'm a big Mustang fan having owned 2, pretty much what has already been written about it is true, lifeless brake pedal, build quality dodgy, windows didn't always wind up correctly creating slight airleaks, interior has a nice overall design but the detail are straight 80's, rear seat is for kids/luggage only, I could fit a decent size suit case in the boot, so wasn't critical here, especially for a convertible, handling wasn't too bad but nothing spectacular.

Without a doubt, the XR Falcon is a superior car and i'd go as far as saying for EF XR6 would run rings around one.

Now if Ford Australia could get there hands on the Stang, update the interior slightly and build it better, it would be a more competative car, it already has the looks.

Kieron

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.