Ford Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Warning: Constant drifter
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need the pin code for a EL falcon lol i lost mine.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
You'll need to go to a Ford dealer with your proof of ownership details.
Pin codes are used to discourage theft.

Rick.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no their not.. there just their to piss me off.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
It would piss you off a lot more if it were stolen and could be easily used by whoever purchases it from the thief..........

Rick.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its not like its a $800 cd player its jsut a shitty cassete player.. no one in their right mind would steal it.

·
Fully Sick Magna Driver
625 Posts
[atomic]nexus said:
its not like its a $800 cd player its jsut a shitty cassete player.. no one in their right mind would steal it.
Then why did someone break into our 86 magna and steal the tape player? People will do it just for fun, but at least the radio wont work for em if they dont have the code.

Ford may also charge u money for the code.

·
RIP Sox.....
2,580 Posts
Sure, but theft is theft, nonetheless......
It's not difficult for you to get the number if you can prove ownership, what's the problem?

Rick.

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the problem is i have to wait til monday

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
meh... i drive around without the radio on because i hate the local stations and my aerial looks gay, no different to others, i just dnt like it!! lol, so i just drive around listening to the vroom vroom of my motor... as good as any i say!!! :s6:

·
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol yeah i spose

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
I often turn off the radio and then forget its off. Just listen to the sound of the car. Then, hours later I remember to turn it back on again :p

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi There,

Im a new member, and for radio pin codes. You can go to the ford dealer near you and they can look them up on the computer. Now bring some form of ID to prove you own the car, unless they know you in the service dept if you go regularly there for service.

Also depending on their descretion, they may want to charge a fee, as i saw my ford dealer ask a customer one day. ( depend what mood thier in) Also if they know you as a regular customer they wont charge i dont think. I get lots of little things done for free at my dealer in melb.

Regards
Fairmont 1

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Take each digit away from 9 and write that down. Say your code is 4358, you write down 5641. Easy. Most thieves have an IQ similar to a piano stool:wnc:, so they will never work it out.

cheers

·
Below: Not Mine :(
117 Posts
When i forgot mine i just rang up said the number plate and they told me... and yes its my ford radio... although now replaced with alpine goodness

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
if you have your VIN you can enter it at myford.com.au, and that will bring up all the factory records for you car. It will have the code in there too.

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
So steal a radio get the VIN of the car, log onto myford and hey presto, what security is there in that !!!

·
Bourbon powered V8
4,751 Posts
back2thefutura said:
if you have your VIN you can enter it at myford.com.au, and that will bring up all the factory records for you car. It will have the code in there too.
Tried that and it doesn't, unless I am doing something wrong? Do you have detailed instructions on how to do this?

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Ford dealer didnt ask me for proof of ownership, just the VIN, 2 mins later had my code

Have never been able to get the VIN section of myford.com to work, might try it in a bit with the ST, but for my old EL it was shite and enver worked properly at all.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts