Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

wondering if anyone knows where i could get my hands on a blank radio fascia to cover the radio slot in the xb. i dont really want to cover the hole up with something that is not original and that will draw attention to its self. This doesnt seem to be a part the gt shops have, i do recall from footage that the PHASE IV had them, but maybe they were one offs.

gr8v8

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
I know I have at least 1,mayby a couple, but I'll have to check and get back to you.

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
I think this what they look like? i'm not sure whether to sell it of not. How scarce are they? I don't recall seeing any on ebay.

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Thats the one, as I said I've got a couple, but there realy the only ones I've seen. Got an original 8 track player out of an xb as well, but thats definatly not for sale.

·
Registered
9 Posts
apolloxbgt said:
Thats the one, as I said I've got a couple, but there realy the only ones I've seen. Got an original 8 track player out of an xb as well, but thats definatly not for sale.
i think you will find xa's were the last with 8 track players...xb's got the new exciting cassete players :)
Jeff H

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
I pulled it out of my old bosses xb ute (when he was wrecking it), which he'd had since new, and said that it came with it (along with gt dash, fuel cap, bonnet,grilleand lights and a 302).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Well ive learnt never to keep a closed mind with fords and their parts :)
All my books and inspections have never shown me a n 8 track in an xb...but weirder things have been seen, like XB doors on late XA's, XB's painted xa and xc colors.
So who knows...maybe the GS ute was a early bird and the owner asked for an 8 track?
:)
Jeff H

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
While we are on the subjet.....

I hava an original AM Radio Cassette Player I want to put back in my XB, the only problem is I don't have a facia panel for it (two round holed, one rectange). If anyone out there has one, could they please PM me.

Thanks.

Sorry for Hi-Jacking your thread.

:bsr:

·
kickerinthegutsbarry
568 Posts
Strange things deffintly do happen. While hunting around for coupes about 12 months ago I came across an xb gt coupe with an xc gxl dash , with verifacation from ford as to it being factory fitted.

·
Banned
555 Posts
i have both style plates somewhere blank and the 2 hole one dont want either if i can find em u can have em but no promises.

·
The Supreme Machine!
461 Posts
I got the one for a cassette player i thought it would fit a superfringe am radio but the rectangle hole is too big. The dementions for this hole is 10 1/2cm X 4.2cm.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
TyreToaster

if you dont want the blank radio fascia, i'd definitely take it off your hands if you can find it. i was playing with the idea of covering the hole with a piece of carbon fibre i got from uni the other day. looks interesting lol - i'm not that desperate yet. i may just leave the space alone. a few missing parts here and there and thiefs wont want to bother with my car

gr8v8

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
XA_GT_351 said:
I got the one for a cassette player i thought it would fit a superfringe am radio but the rectangle hole is too big. The dementions for this hole is 10 1/2cm X 4.2cm.
Hmm,

I doesn't suit the Ford Radio Cassette Player I have. The rectangular hole I need is 2" x 4 1/2" (50mm x 114mm).

Thanks for checking any way.

Maybe yours if for an Eight Track?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hey smciner1

did you have you car in adelaide early december by any chance, if so, thats a very nice ride.

gr8v8

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Yes I did as a matter of fact.

Where did you see it?

And Thankyou.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i should elaborate, i was part of the RMIT racing team for the FSAE comp held at the mitsubishi test track - sorry, this isnt related to the thread.

gr8v8

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
Yeah, that was me.

I am part of the Deakin Univerity Phantom Engineering Team.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i have an immaculate origina fascia in my xb ute, behind it is hiding my cd head unit. they unclip fairly easily. i do have a spare one, its not in excellent condition though. you can have it if you want it, i know exactly where it is to!. i also have the 2 round/1 rectangle cover to. but i'll have to measure it.
a friend of mine recently bought a xb van which was still fitted with its original 8-track.

·
BSR Twin System (tm)
4,751 Posts
montyv8 said:
i have an immaculate origina fascia in my xb ute, behind it is hiding my cd head unit. they unclip fairly easily. i do have a spare one, its not in excellent condition though. you can have it if you want it, i know exactly where it is to!. i also have the 2 round/1 rectangle cover to. but i'll have to measure it.
a friend of mine recently bought a xb van which was still fitted with its original 8-track.
Thanks,

Give me a PM if you find it and let me know how big the openings are.

Smciner1.

·
The Big Yellow Cruizer
261 Posts
I recently sold a blanking plate(out of a XA sedan) and was offered $100 for it!!!!
Chap seemed to be very happy with his purchase, and I was very happy with the offer!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts