Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Ihave 1999 crown vic that the radio insturment light stays on @ drain the battery. have any idea what cause this??? no other light on dash is on.
tryed another radio @samething. body compurter?

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
Welcome to the site. I have moved your post to an area that would get the attention that it needs. I have also copied it into another area.

Regarding the radio. Is it a stocker? Was it added or replaced recently? If so you may want to look at what power source you had it attached to. If not.... I would have to give a little more think on it when i get some coffee in my system.

Regards,

John

·
Registered
10,552 Posts
have you checked the wiring for this unit to see if there is possibly a way that when it was stripped down for sale to the public that they did not hit the wrong lead for the power? Just a thought.

I know that the ex police units are usually stripped of their lighting and interior bits prior to auction/sale and they just happen to yank out and throw things back in. Check the loom. If it is cut in anyway then youwill need to start chasing down the correct power lead. I do not have a diagram here for that, but I can try to locate one for you.

May take a day or two.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts