Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need help on new radio on 09 mercury marquis. Do I use the factory amp when hooking up a new aftermarket doubledin radio. The new radio comes with an adapter that has the rca plugs and two blue wires that say amp on. Would they both go to the one blue wire from the car side to turn on amp. Or should I just leave that plug off and just hook up the main plug. Store said the new radio I bought probably has more power than the factory amp. I just want the best sound without changing all the speakers right now.

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
If you're not changing the speakers, you may want to stay with the factory amp in the car. While the speakers used in more recent years are far above the quality I grew up with, they may not be able to handle the output of your after market. You will need to find out the output of your stereo.

·
Super Moderator
2,006 Posts
The blue wires go to the amp. As to the output of your radio vs. the stock amp, you need to check the wattage of each. However, that is kind of complicated and requires special tools (multimeter and signal generator). I would just hook each one up temporarily and listen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts