Ford Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello members,

I'm having some trouble with my engine. From time to time one cylinder (6th) is misfiring. Mainly at low rpm/load, take off or sometime at idle. Spark plugs and Coilpack have been replaced by original ford parts but still. I am planning to have it completely diagnose and hopefully solved next week at the mean time ill have the cam cover gaskets replaced but it seems that it is worst and worst every days.
Today i've noted that STFT randomly skyrockets at idle (up to +30%) and MF seem to be happening at the same time. I do not have any EML most of the time as the MF is not happening all the time.

I had trouble with the fuel pump recently but this would not be located on the 6th only, I was thinking about loose cam but then i suppose it would be more frequent and not on 6th as it is the closest to the water pump.. Would a bad injector do that ? Maybe bad connector ?

Any suggestion ? If there is any Duratec guru here I would love to hear from you!
TIA

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,
I haven't tried yet. Tomorrow the car is going to the mechanic so hopefully it will be sorted.
Yesterday I also had a injector #6 circuit (p0206-c) so guess it is the culprit of the misfire.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts