Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, its 3 am right now and I have been up all night shading and shadowing my perspective drawing. And anyone who is an Architecture major will know how mugh this sucks... Especially if you are stippling (dots (like a dot matrix printer)) the entire thing.... in ink. Basically, I am certifiably insane for doing this.

Anyways, I finally take a break after something like 5 hours of working on it straight. So, I take a look on FF to see whats new.

Well, my break is going nicely until my dog comes downstairs. Im like, I had better let him outside before he craps in the house. I let him out for about 5 minutes and then let him bck in because it is cold outside.

Not 3 minutes later, I turn around to the sound and sight of my dog taking a crap on my family room floor! Now this isnt just any crap, its runny and is going into the fibers of the carpet. So i say to him, "what the hell are you doing?!?" So I push him into the kitchen so he car finish his job on the lenoleum.

I tell ya, it sucks to clean up his crap 2 to 3 times a day, especially when it is 3 in the morning.

I honestly dont know what to do with this dog. He is 14 years old, wears a diaper so he doesnt pee all over the place, and craps in the house 2-3 times a day. He is beginning to be a neuscance. Part of me thinks it is his time, but another part of me doesnt want to get rid of him like that. I dont think he is suffering at all, he just has bowel control problems.

Sorry for my first post ever on this website being a rant, but I needed to just get things out. And it is too early in the morning for me to scream.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh shit

Oh shit, I forgot I was in the pic post. I must have been distracted by cleaning all the crap off my family room and kitchen floor.

So... who wants to move this to the club house?

Its too early.

P

·
0 Posts
Re: Oh shit

VTEC_EATER said:
SO... who wants to move this to the club house?

MOVING IT TO THE PROBE CLUB FORUM. SORRY ABOUT YOUR DOG, AND YOUR CARPET MAN.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
Poor dog, I guess that's what happens with old age. Time to wear the depends! LOL. I think it's probably too late for him to learn to go outside, especially if he's got bowel problems. Have you thought about teaching him to go pot maybe on some newspapers in the bathroom? That would aide in cleaning it up alot quicker.

I know it's cold outside, but sometimes you just have to leave them out there for a while until they go. I have a 6 month puppy that I am still trying to house break. What a pain in the arse!

·
Probe GT Member
23 Posts
Did you talk to the vet about the doggy's tummy troubles? Also, they sell pad thingies for pets to go on.. kinda like a flat diaper with plastic on the bottom. Its good for house training puppies, so maybe he'd rather go on it than the carpet.

:BW:

·
Big Poppa
441 Posts
On woman I work with has to get pills for her dogs bladder problem. Maybe your dog has a similar problem being that its 14 years old. My dog on the other hand thinks its his business to go in the house and has ruined my carpeting. Hes only 4 or 5 years old. Hes the nicest dog you could ask for but he sure likes to poop. I take him out alot, and he still makes a mess!!!
How much does your dog weigh... Mine weighs about 90lbs or so. You can imagine the elephant sized mess I deal with...!!!!

·
Probe Member
106 Posts
Quit feeding it and it won't poop eventually.
*Note, I'm not responsible if you take this advice and your dog dies*

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I thank you for all the suggestions, but he is 14 years old. You cant teach an old dog new tricks. We have tried the dog litter and he just looks at it. He doesnt know what it is, and I dont think he will ever get the idea that the dog litter is for him to crap on.

As for talking tothe vet, we have had many many many scans done on him and everything turns out normal. They just say he is old and it just comes with age.

Right now we are using the smallest baby diapers you can buy. And we just wrap it around him like he were a "pig in a blanket."

My dog normally weighs 17 pounds, but has lost a lot of weight because he didnt like his food. He now weighs 12 lbs and we have him on a different regimine of food. He now gets Science diet in the cans and we add a 1/4 cup of rice to it.

They say that one can is good for a 15 lb dog, and we add the rice on top of that. I mean, if you look at the amount of food he has to eat, it is half the size of him. And he can eat it all in 5 minutes.

So, he will regain his weight soon enough.

But this whole crapping thing is really getting to me. Hopefully whenhe gets his weight up, things will normal out a little bit.

·
Probe GT Member
8 Posts
Weight is a big factor in the health of an animal. Watch it closely, if he is eating a lot and doesn't gain any weight there is a good chance he is sick.

Also if, when he does go, it is not solid that is also a sign of being sick.

·
Fearsome Buccaneer
45 Posts
Chances are good that his poop is runny because of all the wet food he eats. If this is all he gets as far as dogfood, well, it's going to take it's toll. And naturally, runny is going to make it's way through the system a bit faster than normal solids.

How about switching his diet to a dry food? Science Diet of course makes dry. If your dog is hesitant to eat it, don't be afraid to mix it with the wet. Not so much though, perhaps a quarter to half of the can. Just enough to moisten it up a bit and make it more appetizing. Just gradually cut down on the wet food until he's back on the solids. The rice can still be mixed with the dry and will give that extra nutrition as well as help to continue moistening the dry kibbles.

Good luck with him...poor little doggy. :(

BTW they do make actual dog diapers. :) But if the human version is working, that may end up being cheaper, so go for it.

·
Probe Owner
475 Posts
daprobe said:
Quit feeding it and it won't poop eventually.
*Note, I'm not responsible if you take this advice and your dog dies*
:MUha: ur responsible and u know it... thats how u do your pets.. :crazy1: i ought to come beat the bloody piss out of you..
:angry:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts