Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought we might as well start a new thread with sightings/updates of Raptors progress..

Just had word confirming what JEM said before.. Raptor is go!! Expect a big announcement tomorrow in the press apparantly..

Woo Hoo!!! :s6::thup:

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Now the Falcon vs Commodore 4WD race is on. Hopefully with the R5 concept done years ago, and trials of the system already well under way (hell, we saw one!) it will auger well for an earlier than 2004 release - at least before Commodore! (Motor still has 2002 in it's upcoming list)

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
J-type said:
So the announcement tomorrow will be nothing new.:s6:
Not for us in the know anyway!! :s6:

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I'm still interested to know where Prodrive fit into all of this..

Anyone?? Anyone??

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Venom XR
Now the Falcon vs Commodore 4WD race is on. Hopefully with the R5 concept done years ago, and trials of the system already well under way (hell, we saw one!) it will auger well for an earlier than 2004 release - at least before Commodore! (Motor still has 2002 in it's upcoming list)
God lets hope so!! Can't see it much before 2003 but..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
el2xr8 said:
I'm still interested to know where Prodrive fit into all of this..

Anyone?? Anyone??
Can anyone say AWD Hoey???...

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OK now for our mission...

We must now start to hunt for spec, piccies and such for this exciting new model.. After Barra is released all we'll have is Raptor/R5 & the 2005 Falcon.. Snoop on soldiers!! snoop on!!

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Must admit I thought it would get canned too.. just goes to show it must be a good thing..

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I honestly thought with the luck Ford Oz has had lately it would go down the shyte shoot.. maybe.. just maybe this is the start of future prosperity..

·
Administrator
5,157 Posts
Venom XR said:
Jeez i hope it comes out before Holdens. there has to be something we can be first with but it sure is good news.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
HOT NEWS!!

Raptor will not be a Falcon based product!. Apparantly it is an all new vehicle that is a crossover between passenger car and SUV. Different styling and name. It will not be a part of the Falcon family...

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
Eh!! Intruiging!! Perhaps the R5 was a basis for this new model? A model with roots in the Falcon, but not on a Falcon platform or something?

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
Maybe Bill gave them more money than they asked for!

I wonder if the 2005+ Falcon funding was also also secured, seeing as he had to plead that case at the same time as the Raptor.

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
el2xr8 said:
Eh!! Intruiging!! Perhaps the R5 was a basis for this new model? A model with roots in the Falcon, but not on a Falcon platform or something?
Dunno mate.. maybe that's what they're thinking?? I thought it was based on the Falcon platform? Might be on the new DEW-lite platform??

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I wonder how this affects the Falcon getting the 4WD technology. Will we get it at all, and if we do, when? No AWD GT or GTHO me thinks.

·
Future XR Owner
2,245 Posts
Sounds very interesting, although it could just be that because it will look different it will be marketed as a new vehicle, which has its benefits, expanding model range etc.

I will try to find out more, but I think its certain that we will have AWD, they have been playing with it for 3 years.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts