Ford Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
1,592 Posts

· Tough EB
29 Posts
He has gone to a bit of trouble though...changing the the front grill (ED), changing the rear boot garnish (EBII) and also the rear A frame piller (EB-ED).
Can't say much for the wheels though...says to me that he took off the stockies or EA S wheels and put some no name ones on to not link it with the EA at all.
BUT...
Two things I saw...the door handles, they are definately EA. Because EB and ED came out with the smooth shiny door handles. The EA came out with the rough handles that the sun deteriorates.
And the lack of a spoiler...what the? XR's came stock with a spoiler.

EVALUATION...TOOL!

· Registered
829 Posts
XR-6000 said:
Two things I saw...the door handles, they are definately EA. Because EB and ED came out with the smooth shiny door handles. The EA came out with the rough handles that the sun deteriorates.

EVALUATION...TOOL!
G'day,
not to be rude, but your incorrect here. EB I's had rough Handles, and early EB II's had them, until the factory floor stock was depleted.

And your evalutation, i had been searching for a politically correct way to say just that... :hy:

Cheers
Jas

· Registered
1,592 Posts
XR-6000 said:
He has gone to a bit of trouble though...changing the the front grill (ED), changing the rear boot garnish (EBII) and also the rear A frame piller (EB-ED).
Can't say much for the wheels though...says to me that he took off the stockies or EA S wheels and put some no name ones on to not link it with the EA at all.
BUT...
And the lack of a spoiler...what the? XR's came stock with a spoiler.

EVALUATION...TOOL!

Its definetly a EB 1 and not an EA as your saying,Eb1 boot garnish and EB 2 are the same thing and the quad lights arnt ED, they are those crap imitation shit cause the grille is EB.its not a one peice front.

· Registered
23 Posts
athol35 said:
the new owner found out he'd been conned and put it back on the market,,still looks shonky though.
I messaged him and asked why.....he said the dude that won it was expecting it to be really good, but its got a few dents.....the same person is selling it again the won that biddered and won didnt buy it

got a question.....
the twin head lights........they would have to be the aftermarket twin head lights right? due to it having a EB grill and the prober twin head lights only came on in ED? you cant change the grill in the prober twin lights ..true?

· Registered
478 Posts
Emma said:
got a question.....
the twin head lights........they would have to be the aftermarket twin head lights right? due to it having a EB grill and the prober twin head lights only came on in ED? you cant change the grill in the prober twin lights ..true?
The ED XR grille is one piece, from side to side. The car appears to be fitted with the standard EB grille (centre) and aftermarket lights/surrounds.

Also, it has orange indicators. Weren't XRs clear.....?? (I could be wrong, though).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.