Ford Forums banner

341 - 360 of 379 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
srry the opt98 was a typo i meant opt97 but never the less u cant put a bathurst cobras with the other 370 just like u cant put a phase3 gtho xy with a normal xygt.

·
DON'T LET FEAR STOP YA!!
214 Posts
I would'nt put a Phase three in the same class as an XY GT for the simple reason that the Phase Three was a far more superior car to the XY GT. A Bathurst Cobra is NO different, engine wise, to any other 351 cobra. The only thing that makes them different is the seat's, the fuel tank and some suspention mod's, strut braces etc. Appart from that there is no diiference and they certainly are not a supperior car to the rest of the COBRA's. If they had there asses worked off them from the factory then yes I would agree, but they came out in the same tune as all the other 351's so I can't.

Cheer's

Nathan.

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #343
Plus the rear wheelarches, bonnet scoop and spoiler in plastic instead of fibreglass or vice versa. Alex why do you say they are heavier? Maybe 10kg but that is sfa.

·
DON'T LET FEAR STOP YA!!
214 Posts
All the Cobra's got fibre glass spoiler's, if one's got a plastic spoiler it's not the original one.

Cheer's

Nathan.

·
The SB Slayer
1,542 Posts
outback_ute said:
Plus the rear wheelarches, bonnet scoop and spoiler in plastic instead of fibreglass or vice versa. Alex why do you say they are heavier? Maybe 10kg but that is sfa.
They are much heavier as they carried a trans oil cooler extra bracing including bigger wheels tubs,extra bracing in the boot ect bigger radiator with electric type fans which in fact will put a huge weight difference.All in all i think there was close to 50 -80 odd kilos now that is like carrying an extra passenger.

·
Pro-M Distributor
401 Posts
We adding all the factory rarities here?
1 of 429 SCJ Ford Landau in black for Bill Bourke
1 of 427 CJ XWGT hybred in black for Bill Bourke
Shane

·
Resident geek freak
935 Posts
MrLandau said:
We adding all the factory rarities here?
1 of 429 SCJ Ford Landau in black for Bill Bourke
1 of 427 CJ XWGT hybred in black for Bill Bourke
Shane
CJ and SCJ?
wots that?

·
waitin 4 swoop 2 catch up
479 Posts
cj was the mustang 428 cj so the motor out of that was in those cars listed

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #349
Haven't put the 428 in the list as it is basically a modified car, not anything that was on sale to the public. I don't think I've heard of the Landau before - can you give some more info?

The Ford memorandum for the Cobras lists the Bathust cars as having a f/g front spoiler instead of vacuum formed.

·
Pro-M Distributor
401 Posts
jemmex said:
CJ and SCJ?
wots that?
CJ is Cobra Jet
SCJ is Super Cobra Jet
The XW was sent to the states to be built - but the Landau was walked down the production line and has the compliance plate stamped "R" for engine code.
Shane

·
Registered
344 Posts
The Bathurst actually had a front spoiler that the normal ones didn't, bonnet scoop and Bathurst Cobras had 351's while other had 302's. Not too 100% whether some Bathurst Cobras had 351's, I don't think so.

·
XB Falcon 500 sedan
283 Posts
XRated said:
Anyone know about the 4x4 XY Falcon? Did it make production?
Dont know if it made production, but I have certainly seen some around. There's one that lives in my area.... always thought it looked a bit odd..

·
Registered
675 Posts
73falcongt said:
The Bathurst actually had a front spoiler that the normal ones didn't, bonnet scoop and Bathurst Cobras had 351's while other had 302's. Not too 100% whether some Bathurst Cobras had 351's, I don't think so.
I'm sure this has been posted somewhere before, but I'll list it again

001 - Promo car 302 auto
002-031 Bathurst (Option 97) ALL 351 manual
032-041 351 manual A/C P/S
042-080 351 manual A/C P/S P/W
081-200 351 auto A/C P/S P/W
201-300 302 manual
301-360* 302 auto A/C P/S
361-400 302 auto A/C P/S P/W
* Cobra #351 was fitted with a 351 manual - special order for a Ford employee

Front Spoilers - vacuum formed on the standard Cobra. Bathurst units were fiberglass and were slightly deeper

That is all taken from AMC magazine Issue 8

·
Registered
675 Posts
lilMattie said:
Dont know if it made production, but I have certainly seen some around. There's one that lives in my area.... always thought it looked a bit odd..
Yep the XY 4x4 made it to production. Not 100% on this, but build numbers were around the 300-400 mark. Anyone know for sure?

EDIT - just went back to the first post and XY 4x4 is listed at 432 total production

·
Pro-M Distributor
401 Posts
outback_ute said:
Tell us more about the Landau! (or PM me) Is there any info on the web?
The Black Landau was another of Bill "the mad yank" Bourkes personal drive cars. Bill was the managing director of Ford during the late 60's and early 70's and he is the reason the GT's were a performance car (and the striping and detailing were US orientated too).
I will scour through the early 70 Wheels magazines and Modern motor for the reference to it and scan it in - it could take a while as the shed is full of magazines but they aren't catagorised.
SuperFord did a "Where is it now" in the 80's and no one came up with it....
Shane

By the way - Cobra 001 was a mundane 302 that was given to one of the Ford managing directors secretary....
Lucky woman

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #358
Good on you Shane - hopefully it will turn up one day. Maybe AMC could do it as part of their Missing in Action series to make a change from race cars.

·
CLAUD
21 Posts
capri RS 3100 and capri peranna V8 ,
i think windsor powered dont you guys remember the classic london to sydney rally winners 3 yrs ago in that mad yellow capri beating porsche 911 s .mustangs and falcons bloody good effort.

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
Not sure if this has been mentioned in this huge thread, but there was apparently a P6 Landau built as a styling excercise which made its way to the public, I saw it for sale maybe 15 years ago in Unique Cars and the above was its claim.

Anyone know more?

341 - 360 of 379 Posts