Ford Forums banner

361 - 379 of 379 Posts

·
Can't wait for Winton...
2,759 Posts
Discussion Starter #361
Kieron that is new - and sounds very interesting. I'm not sure how well the bulkier P6 front end would work on the hardtop body, did it look ok?

·
Australian BA XR6 Falcon
1,249 Posts
The pic was the older B/W Unique Cars ad with the car on shown on a 3/4 front on view but its clear what it was. As you can guess, the bulky P6 front end really didn't suit the coupe shape. I vaguely recall it being silver for some reason, it was certainly a light colour judging from the pic though.

Wished I had kept the add now. Maybe the Discovery Centre has access to this sort of info? I believe a few oddities such as an XB Phase IV coupe was also built as a styling excercise, apparently with a big block, theres a picture of it around somewhere with XA NACA style bonnet scoops grafted into either side of the body just below the rear wind down windows.

·
Fatso
600 Posts
Kieron said:
Wished I had kept the add now. Maybe the Discovery Centre has access to this sort of info? I believe a few oddities such as an XB Phase IV coupe was also built as a styling excercise, apparently with a big block, theres a picture of it around somewhere with XA NACA style bonnet scoops grafted into either side of the body just below the rear wind down windows.

They were Phase 5, concepts only! Big Blocks taken out and sold off with 351.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi guys,just a brake down on the ed xr6 builds;Sedan 1993-329manual, 645 auto
Sedan 1994-360manual, 722 auto
Wagon 1993-20 manual, 154 auto
Wagon 1994-22 manual, 100 auto
I got this info from a guy at the Ford Discovery Centre a few years back,hope it helps someone.

·
Registered
118 Posts
my mates old man had an xf with a factory 200ci engine as an option there couldnt be too many of them round mainly cos who would want one really!

Also its not a falcon bu ive seen a champagne edition te/tf cortina i think bout 500 made or sumfin

·
708 Posts
Snaky said:
How many 98 EL XR8 Series 2 were built .Couln't be too many before the AU came out. Anyone know? Snaky
I had a white one, was a top car and had good resale when i sold it. There were only 784 built, wouldn't have a clue what the transmission split figures are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
1982 XD ESP's ?
(Feb 82 XD 5.8L ESP Manual)

Insurance companies won't even insure it as an XD.... they insist it must be an XE :)wank2: )

·
GBaD
1 Posts
I have a late 78 xc ex vic ambulance based on a fairmont wagon... 302c pretty stock, mild cam and 600 vs holley, 421 headers . Only ever seen this one here in QLD. Wonder how many of them were made

·
Registered
1 Posts
SiX_iN_a_RoW said:
XY 4x4 ute 432 made apparently
Hi six_in_a_row,
Can you tell me how many genuine superoo xy Ute's were made.
I think i might have found one. so the owner claims anyway.
It has the twin tanks, is k code 351 auto 9'' amber color and is unmolested.
How can i verify it is a genuine?
I'm getting the id numbers sent to me in the next 24 hours.
Cheers and thanks for ya time. Dean

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys,
I am about to begin reading this entire thread. I have a specific interest in XM-XP Falcon Coupes/Hardtops/Tudors, call them what you will...

I was wondering if members Beancounter and or outback_ute are "still alive" as it would appear that their last posts were back in 2007.

Is there anyone else in this forum that can assist me with production numbers from 1964-1966?

Is there anyone who has specific knowledge of the Bill Warner Falcon Sprints?

Cheers,
Mark

361 - 379 of 379 Posts