Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone into Radio controled cars. I have the racing AUXR8 FTR car and although I haven't used it in a while they are alot of fun. When I get more time I might try and get a picture of it. Actually very proud of it has I painted it and it looks very neat, or it did until I crashed it. Has a top speed of about 40kmh and for something so small you would not want to get hit buy it
The real trouble is finding a place to give it a run.

·
EB Fairmont Owner
191 Posts
My friend just bought a petrol powered Kyosho with a WRX STI shell - that thing needs maintainence after every use!

Some screw always comes off or if you happen to accidentally hit a wall something is always gonna fly off and break - in hindsight i think a battery powered one would be more economical - but it is heaps of fun driving it around getting it airbourne over speed humps :))

V

·
0 Posts
yes, ive been meaning to have a look and these. I would rather have a petrol one though.

I know this isn't possible, but imagine a go-kart with a 5l v8 turbo. But it sounds stupid, doesn't it.

·
Ford Member
520 Posts
I'm thinking of building or buying a second hand RC car so i was wondering it any of you guys know of any good sites regards RC cars!

Cheers lads!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Radio Controlled Killer

HSE2

Yeah, I brought one from a ford dealer some 6 months ago and dumped that ****ty motor and jacked it up with a tuned exhaust and and 3.5 horse motor.

God damm does that little baby fly, mate if i knew you had one i would have bought it down with me

I must admit though, still carnt control it. Hehehehee

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah guys,

Since the last week we've been havin abif og a yarn about rc cars, so i thought i'd bring this tread up from the past.

Like i said my RC car is a toyota hilux monster racer, red/white in colour and it's electric.

Who else is into RC cars????

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
I was a Tamiya kid, had the Hornet, Frogger, etc. I reckon it would be fun to rekindle the RC experience with one of the FTR petrol cars, how much are going for at Ford Dealers?

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Yeah my Hilux is a Tamilya.

HSE2, I take it yours and Laminges are the same cars, except he modified his??? Am i right?

From what i seen the FTR cars come in both petrol and electric, i think the ones you get from the dealer is electric.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Yeah my Hilux is a Tamilya.

HSE2, I take it yours and Laminges are the same cars, except he modified his??? Am i right?

From what i seen the FTR cars come in both petrol and electric, i think the ones you get from the dealer is electric.
I haven't see Laminges but I am guessing it looks the same on the outside only.(he can't leave anything alone can he)

There is definately an electric version but I don't know which of the two the dealers sell. The FTR web site has them but you pay full price for them. Hobby shops would be where I would go.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
10 Participants
HSE2
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing