Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Jim Robson
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying a 2000 E-350 5.4L (There is a similar but different topic in the E-350 forum) which uses a dedicated CNG (compressed natural gas) fuel system. As near as I can guess, it may have a bad fuel pressure regulator.

This is a hypotetical situation so don't hold back in your theories and or suggestions.

The replacement cost of the CNG pressure regulator is $800 so I will be looking for alternative repair/replace scenarios. I

'm told that there are rebuild kits available for that pressure regulator, but I can't find one anywhere on the internet. I've also tried NAPA and O'Reilly's without success.

There is another model of Motorcraft CNG pressure regulator, for less than $200, which fits other Ford CNG engines. Does anyone know if I could install that one instead of the $800 one.

Do I have other options that I am not aware of?

Thanks

· Jim Robson
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you Logan. What do you think about this CNG pressure regulator issue? I always value your wise input.

· Super Moderator
19,248 Posts
Cant help you much with that , never done any work or had any dealings with that set up . Would it be worth scanning for fault codes first to confirm that is the fault or only fault before you get too involved ?

· Jim Robson
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cant help you much with that , never done any work or had any dealings with that set up . Would it be worth scanning for fault codes first to confirm that is the fault or only fault before you get too involved ?
There you go... great idea. I knew you would know what to do. I'll do it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts