Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi hope someone can help i have an 86 xf ute my problem is i want to fit a late model fuel injected six from an eb onwards up to au does anyone know anything about this conversion any help would be great seeya.silver

·
Two SC 61's = trouble
6,360 Posts
I think there are issues with sump.. But it can be done..OHC engines went is utes with same front suspension as yours.Parts can be used from ute...
Obviously wireing for efi need to be changed over...

·
Registered
158 Posts
Just wondering if you went ok with Engine mod as I want to put a AU Engine into a NA Fairlane and am having trouble getting constructive info.

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
Silver - I've not done it myself but it seems to be the general consensus that an XG crossmember/engine mounts will solve any dramas. The dash should fit the shell too, if you wanted the MPFI setup.

Torpa, if you wanted info you should have asked me :p Have done this a few times :hehe: AU engine will fit the Fairlane no dramas. Externally the motor is the same. The differences come in the serpentine belt, intake, wiring, etc. How far did you want to go? It's reasonably easy to use the stock NA wiring to run the AU manifold, you have to wire in an RPM switch for the runners though.
If you use the serpentine belt you will want to get hold of the p/s pump and alternator too. The aircon compressor may fit - how many ribs does it have? Otherwise you'll want an EF/EL or aftermarket unit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts