Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Tempo GL Member
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today after coming from church, I felt like playing a llittle with DOS and win 3.1 on my computer. My second hard drive is split into two partitions, one for experimenting with new programs and backing up my other hard drive, and the other for storing games and downloads. I installed DOS on the first partition and for some weird reason, it reformatted the WHOLE hard drive. I've played with dos before and it never formatted the whole drive, just the first partition. Now I have lost over 500mb of games, school essays, tempo pics, vacation pics, party pics, backups of most of my floppies, all my computer downloads, music, and maybe worst of all, the two websites I was working on, one of them personal, the other on tempos. Oh well, it'll only take me about three years to get everything back together, LOL.

The moral of the story: If you have a CD burner or backup system, use it! I was going to burn everything onto a disc, just never did. It sucks so bad to loose everything on your computer.

Have a good day,
Paul

·
HO V6 XR5i
118 Posts
Dam......Hell yea

I know what you mean. My computer back at home has a plethora of information, pictures and coding for TTHP as well as my website and those I made for others, plus games and TONS of music......so losing it has always worried me. I store everything on 3 seperate CD RW and I update them every so often to be up to date in case of a major crash.......that does suck.......sorry to hear you lost so much........If you need help in building back up some pics on Tempo/Topaz.......we can talk :) Ask Brian.......I have over 600MB of Tempo/Topaz JPEG's :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts