Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Got my 3.45 LSD!
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced a rear seat belt last month and had to remove the c pillar interior cover to get to it. in the process i accidently knocked the rear demister plug that sticks onto the back window. i super glued it on but it still doesnt work,
wat can i use thats an adhesive and conductive?
i was thinking of soldering it on but im unsure
there are no breaks in the lines accross the window.

·
Super Moderator
3,754 Posts
Best is Radio spares Conductive a=Adhesive RS Stock No. 186-3616 but at $126 for a 20 gram bottle it isn't exactly cheap see http://www.rsaustralia.com/cgi-bin/...cceaddigmffhkmcefeceefdffhdhif.0&cacheID=auie you might want to try and get some burglar alarm system foil adhesive tape that people like Tandy, Dick Smith and Altronics used to stock (but no longer list). Like the stuff here Window Foil - Alarm Foil - Burglar Alarm Foil - Foil Blocks - Foil Connectors - Sentrol 5150 - Amseco  AFB-174 Foil Blocks - AMSAFB174 - AFB174 - Foil Splicer - Foil Splicing Tool - Foil Repairs - Foil Protector - Foil Repair - Alarm Warning Decals 3m and RS Components in Australia both have foil tape but again it is expensive.

·
Got my 3.45 LSD!
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks heaps Aussiblue, ill have to rush into dick smith in my lunch break and see if they have any. its been such a pain when i finish late at work and the whole car is covered in mostiure or gets fogged up and i cant see out the damn rear window

Matt

·
Got my 3.45 LSD!
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Jay5oh said:
Locktite/Permatex makes a "rear window defogger" repair kit. In the kit is the adhesive to "glue" the tab back on.
yea i bought that stuff and tried it yesterday, but for $28, it better work.

·
Got my 3.45 LSD!
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it didnt work, wat side of the car or where does the circuit earth on???

·
Got my 3.45 LSD!
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to read it didn't work.

If I recall, mine grounds on the drivers side....
well i got one side fix on, but then my mate, now someone i just know, popped the other side tab off. after many attempts with the soldering iron and burning myself with it , it still doesnt work. i think i might do an insurance job on it and buy another one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts