Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the deal about if you ordered a XR8 Rebel now ? Since the AU3 is supposed to arrive in "October" ie.3 days.... will it be a AU3 ? Or does it kind of side step that issue being its own unique thing ?

Also, are the rumours about a XR8 Lowdnes Special true ? ie. 5.6 Stroker ? If so... wouldn't it be unlikely for it to cost the same as the current Rebel ?

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I don't think the Lowndes Special is any more than speculation and rumour at this stage. I think (just an opinion) that the Rebel is the CL Special but Ford got cold feet at calling it a CL Special because Craig hasn't really proven himself in a Ford yet. Not bagging the guy, I reckon he's a great driver but you have to consider the facts.
If what I've said is not true and Ford do still have a CL Special on the books I doubt if we will see an AU version, more likely an AV.

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just spoke to my local ford dealer. Seems the XR8 Rebel is already sold out. Hopefully the XR8 will recieve the same body kit.

·
In a blue Galaxy
5,716 Posts
I read that the rebel body kit will become an option for the AUIII Xr8 and the current body kit will become standard as the new T-series will use awhole new one. Anyone else heard of this?

·
Australian Falcon Member
663 Posts
If I was Ford, I would Certainly put some sort of Falcon logo on it, like they drew up for his GMS V8. Just think about it - have a swooping bird on it, the ad slogan could be "You have just been swooped - Falcon LE"

·
Registered
253 Posts
Falchoon said:
I don't think the Lowndes Special is any more than speculation and rumour at this stage. I think (just an opinion) that the Rebel is the CL Special but Ford got cold feet at calling it a CL Special because Craig hasn't really proven himself in a Ford yet. Not bagging the guy, I reckon he's a great driver but you have to consider the facts.
If what I've said is not true and Ford do still have a CL Special on the books I doubt if we will see an AU version, more likely an AV.

Ford should release a LE Falcon but name it after the Ford driver that wins Bathurst. It could prove fatal- imagine the Rodney Forbes Falcon. D'oh!

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
LOL!!:nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

·
Jaguar X-Type
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish it was just called "XR8", take "falcon" off the car completely like they do for the T-Series.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts