Ford Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day all, just wondering if anyone knows of a place in Melbourne which they recommended for an automatic transmission service, and any approximate prices? It's for the Laser this time (is having probs with rough changes) but my automatic conversion for the EA may not be too far away either so it would help to know someone.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I would recommend Impact Automatics in Croydon to anyone. Really great service and the work they do is top notch also. As for the price on servicing a 4 speed electronic auto? I wouldn't really know. I do know that to have my 3 speed serviced it costs around $70 + extra for anything that might need attention ie. a new kickdown cable.

If you're interested I can give you the phone number and address.

Ash

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
Auto is much better when your motor goes

"(uncontrolable wheel spin)...bwwwwrrrahhhh....waaaaaahhhh .woooooshhhh.....ptsssssssh...." *WINK*

·
No longer around
4,882 Posts
NZ said:
More info required on this 'auto conversion' :mad:
me thinks the twin turb conversion isnt that far away hten....... perhaps already built :p

is he dropping subtle hints with his avatar pic???

·
"Steve has a car?"
2,207 Posts
I can tell ya for a fact his car hasn't changed since. Well, actually, it has changed, it's got no rear bumper :p (dave knows what I'm talkin about :p:p)

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
we all want the gos :)
all i know is jack has tried both auto and manual and wants an auto back :p

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
I second Impact autos in croydon if you havent had the work done yet, they are top guys.

I was charged twice on eftpos by mistake and didnt realise and they rang me the next day telling me of their mistake and refunded the cash. Most mechanics i know would have kept the money.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i highly recommend preston automatics & differentials on st george rd preston

·
400 kg ego
6,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Cheers for the recommendations guys. :thup: Ash, I'd definitely be interested in that address and phone number please. :s5 I've heard good things about Preston Autos too so I'll give them a call.

PS there are a few minor things happening with the Falcon at the moment, but nothing exciting yet. I'll probably hold off on the auto conversion until I actually have enough horsepower to gain a benefit from it. I've changed my avatar to avoid any confusion. :angel:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
so you're going to respray the laser blue? :)
you're a strange man JT :D

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
I like the new avatar, go the KB Laser!

Impact Automatics
19 Coolstore rd.
Croydon Vic 3136

9725 2797 :thup:

Ash

1 - 13 of 13 Posts