Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mustang Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm here in Portland, and i've just bought a black 2001 V6 deluxe coupe last week. it's got a 5spd transmission, and i really like everything about it - except maybe the wheels.

i plan to start modifications to make my car unique, and i was wondering if anyone could give me recommendations for tires/rims. i plan a 16" front and 17" rear configuration, or both 17". i've seen the Cobra R type magwheels, and they look great!

as for the tires, i plan on a Goodyear set, but am unsure as to what type.

B

·
0 Posts
For the wheels I would reccommend the torque thrust 17" (same as on the Bullitts). Tires, forget the Goodyears, go with Michelin Pilots or BFGoodrich KD's... both stick like glue

·
Mustang 5.0 Coupe Member
44 Posts
I agree with Bubba, the torque thrust's would look awesome! Since you have a black car, the darker version of the torgue thrust might look better.

I'm also quite fond of the 99 Cobra's

Robin

B

·
0 Posts
Impressive times...gor aq girl!!!:eek: just kidding, awsome numbers and impressive ride... imo you should go with the Harley and stick with the American theme

·
Mustang 5.0 Coupe Member
44 Posts
I get that quite often actually! I'm just not a big fan of the Buell. When it comes to sport bikes I go with Jap Crap all the way

ALtho, I'm now kind of leaning toward the GSXR instead of the Kawasaki. We'll see.

Hey ya'll, finally got the car running, check out my webpage for the new motor specs and I'll get new ET's up as soon as I can:
http://www.geocities.com/robin_302/stang.html

Robin

·
Mustang Member
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wheels n' stuff

thanks bubbainsc and miss5.0 for the suggestions (great car miss5.0). i've actually dropped goodyear from my selection - and found two new cool tire brands instead - the Dunlop SP5000 series, and the Yokohama AVs dB. the reviews for the Yokohama were impressive and i actually like their 'sound reduction' technology which based on consumer reports, are all true!

i'll check on that torque-thrusts you guys mentioned...they may have it at tirerack.com.

i'll also be putting in internal mods, like the steeda strut tower braces - i've rode on a car with such braces and it does handle quite better and improves 'rigidity' on curves. just looking for a local dealer here in portland, and if not, i'll buy online at steeda.com

would you guys recommend the K&N replacement air filters too? i am planning to buy that and have the stock air filter replaced on the first car check this september. is it easy to install?

i'll post my car's pic here soon :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts