Ford Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jaguar is set to report record sales you year ending 2001. Up 11% witha total of 100,000. Sales have been boosted by the new X type.

Doesn't sound like a huge number for a car manufaucturer does it.
Sales have also been affected by the tradjic sep11 events and a general down turn in this market makes the 11% a very impressive result
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ford Man said:
They were predicting the X-type to double there sales weren't they? Or was that over a period of time?
Soemthing like that. Have you been following the reports on the X typw here in Australia?

Love to hear from a UK owner
 

·
The SparkleHunter™
Joined
·
10,144 Posts
HSE2 said:
Soemthing like that. Have you been following the reports on the X typw here in Australia?
Yeah kinda. It seems to be holding it's own in it's class. 3rd in Oct behind the C-class merc and BMW 3 series sedan. Looks ok for future prospects..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I read a comparison somewhere I can't find it now so maybe I dreamt it, but it didn't do as well as I would have hoped.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,170 Posts
I know a guy here that has just purchased an Xtype .I have only spoken to him briefly but he loves it and it looks pretty mint too in a maroon colour. Yes it would be great to hear from a UK owner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Big Block Ford said:
I know a guy here that has just purchased an Xtype .I have only spoken to him briefly but he loves it and it looks pretty mint too in a maroon colour. Yes it would be great to hear from a UK owner.
It would be great to hear from the guy you know. Does he have a pc?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,170 Posts
HSE2 said:


It would be great to hear from the guy you know. Does he have a pc?
I'll check it out. He is a Motorcycle dealer that I do business with and he is into cars as well.It seems he is into Euro cars as he had a Peugeot convertible before.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok that sounds good.

How are we going to get others to post and join up.

I dont' feel comfortable posting messages on toher boards, but I have email some people with european interests.

I felt that I might post info on all sorts of Euro cars and maybe some one might be reading and want to comment!
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,170 Posts
HSE2 said:
ok that sounds good.

How are we going to get others to post and join up.

I dont' feel comfortable posting messages on toher boards, but I have email some people with european interests.

I felt that I might post info on all sorts of Euro cars and maybe some one might be reading and want to comment!
That is pretty much what i do HSE2.I send emails to groups I feel would be interested. I never know how successful it is but I see that there are always a number people visiting the site and hopefully they are interested in what we are dicussing and want to join the conversation. You are doing a great job on the posts as the stuff is all interesting.I quite often see as many visitors as members at the site.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Big Block Ford said:

That is pretty much what i do HSE2.I send emails to groups I feel would be interested. I never know how successful it is but I see that there are always a number people visiting the site and hopefully they are interested in what we are dicussing and want to join the conversation. You are doing a great job on the posts as the stuff is all interesting.I quite often see as many visitors as members at the site.
Ok will continue like that. I know some people that run there own sites. maybe I might get them to contact John and see if they can save some money !
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top