Ford Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
APV SR3900
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
exhaust guy told me makes about 2db difference, but cleans up all the sound and leaves a nice deep gurgle with no droan... he rekcons it will sound better with it, than it will without it...

its all booked for tomorow... ill let you kow what its like!

·
EB6
36 Posts
ok i had a 2 1/2" system with tuned length extractors and a red back muffler and that was 119db at 4000rpm which the cops didnt like, i had a straight through resinator put in which brought it right down to 96db and actually made it sound deeper it doesn't drone at all and still sounds wicked on the throttle V8 like if i dare to say.

·
APV SR3900
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
it sounds great... with the mild cam, extractors, it has a kinda lumpy v8 idle, and loves it when you give it throttle..

the muffler before was shit... the resonator makes it deeper and cuts out all the shitty droany sound... sounds really nice now :D

thanks!

·
{';'}
4,345 Posts
So you found the resonator to take out the droan on accelleration and going up hills etc? Has it lost any of its "bark"? Where is the resonator positioned in your system?

·
Looking in YOUR bathroom.
3,287 Posts
well if u get the straight pipe it WILL DRONE. Mine drones a fair bit at partial throttle and medium load.

·
APV SR3900
312 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
resonator right at the end of tail pipe....

straight through muffler... ****ing awesome...

sounds like an 8 at idle...

·
Registered
223 Posts
One of my mates who owns a vp commodore v6 has straight thru piping with no resonators and ill admit its louder but hasnt really got a nice note just abit of droning i reckon. Ive been told to least have one resonator 1) being doesnt give it a droning noise and 2)cause of legal issues. If your after more noise go for 3inch exhaust which im sure you dont want due to losing power

·
'90 EA-II Fairmont
572 Posts
theres no such thing as a good note on a V6 commodore, so its no surprise that while its louder it still doesnt sound any good

·
Registered
223 Posts
HAHAH Silencer. Well he was after loudness then a nice note but everyone is different. On the serious side ive always thought the I6 have a v8 noise on the idle and the v6's are just a ordinary noise but i cant say i hate the v6 note it produces.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i JUST had a redback 2.5" + one muffler. I was shown a car with the same setup but with a resonator, and i found it DEATHLY quiet.
[/QUOTE
Hi mate you said the car had a resonator fitted to it and it was really quiet, could you please tell me where on the exhaust was it fitted

21 - 32 of 32 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.