What is the top speed for 3rd gear?
What is the top speed for 4th gear?
What is the top speed for 5th gear?

TIA.

·
V8 ute driver!
984 Posts
230 k/mh at 6000rpm in 4th.
Dunno the rest, aint they limited to 250 in top?
Should pull it i reckon by the way it gets to 230 in 4th.

·
Was XLS, now XR8 UTE!!
313 Posts
ive noticed in my ute since adding the cold air induction, it will now max out at about 110km in 2nd, where as before it was about 95-100km!

anyone else notice that? or is it normal?

Teza

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
yeppo, theyre limited to 250 kays in top

dunno how your could pull extra 10 kays in 2nd since the CAI, maybe the engine was not run in fully and wouldnt reach the rev limiter and now that the engine has free'd up it revs all the way to the redline and thus the extra kays... i dunno!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My car has done just under 5000kms. I tested 2nd gear this afternoon. Took it up to 100km/h...felt like it had a bit more to go...but I didn't want to push the limiter (I dont even know where it is). I think it could have gone another 5km/h or so.

btw..what happens when the rev limiter kicks in? does the engine shut off?

·
YES its a 5 Speed!!
2,242 Posts
fullthrottle- your car wont shut off... it just wont rev any further!!! i dnt kno what type of system the cars of nowadyas have in them(i think ignition) but the computer just wont let the car rev any further as to prevent any engine damage.
cheers, shannon

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
I thought the XR6, turbo and Xr8's are limited to 230 and the GT is limited to 250(if it can even go that fast).

·
Registered
336 Posts
fullthrottle said:
btw..what happens when the rev limiter kicks in? does the engine shut off?
Yeah, I've wondered that myself, it seems the fuel supply gets limited to the engine.

Strange sensation, the roar of the V8 then silence... panic and relief....

However I do stand to be corrected on this as it was my dealer explaining on what I had been experiencing.

·
FF Moderator
2,202 Posts
ED Manual said:
I thought the XR6, turbo and Xr8's are limited to 230 and the GT is limited to 250(if it can even go that fast).

You are correct. That's unless they have changed it recently. Only the FPV's are limited to 250kmph. For your interest however MOTOR claimed that if the limiter was not in place the XR6T would do 257 in 5th (from memory).

·
Registered
336 Posts
CDAA said:
You are correct. That's unless they have changed it recently. Only the FPV's are limited to 250kmph. For your interest however MOTOR claimed that if the limiter was not in place the XR6T would do 257 in 5th (from memory).
Except for the UTE it's 180.... stops the dog blowing out the back....

·
100% Speeding (when safe)
471 Posts
do you mean it did 307?!!! !!!!! That sounds like the car to take for a Nullabor crossing!!

·
Beastmaster
940 Posts
ED Manual said:
GT-P can do 250km/h, I know, I have done it several times......

In the NT on the Barkly Highway before the wowsers whinge.

N.B. The speedo reads about 257 but my trusty GPS (avaition type) reads 250 as the limiter comes on.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts