Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I just bought one of them 2v redline street torker manifolds on ebay, wondering if anyone has anything good or bad to say about them before I fit it up to the 351 clevo...

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
what do you have on it at the moment??? I am always looking for direct comparo's of different manifolds on the same motors.
From a purely visual standpoint, the end runners have a very sharp turn on them.. no idea what real world effect it has.

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I noticed that, I currently have an Edelbrock Performer, it seems to lack down low performance, but goes off its head higher in the rev range, basically I want more down low torque, and that's what the redline is supposed to be good for....

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You may be right, I'm only going by what I have been told...
Guess I will have to just see for myself.....

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
single plane ( redline ) works better at higher revs and dual plane ( Performer ). If you are after more low down power the single plane is not likely to give you what you want.

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh bugger, I should have asked about it b4 I bought it!
Oh well, more spare parts to put in the cupboard...
Do you know what type of manifold would give me more grunt down low and still allow me to hit it up to 6 g easy?

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
Performer works for me fine doign exactly as you want. I would be checking things like your cam timing and a few other things if you have power late in the rev range.

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah all that side of it is spot on, the engine is only afew months old, I wouldn't mind putting a smaller cam in it, it has an isky 282 in it, I think it is a bit too big for the engine, which is a shame cos it really honks from about 4 g upwards.... Can anybody recommend a good camshaft to suit straight LPG?

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
What about your exhaust?

Wanna sell the redline? I could do with a spare :)

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Exhaust is a set of standard pacemaker extractors, into a single 2 1/2 system with a triple flow muffler and tailpipe. The local exhaust shop reckons it is a excellent setup, I wanted to go twin but they said I would be mad to...

·
Slurry Boostin
1,211 Posts
pacemakers being 4 into 1, or try y?

single 2 1/2 is bloody tiny for a fairly worked 351C in my opinion.

considered an X pipe for more down low?

wanna sell the redline? he he

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I was thinking of putting in a x pipe, didn't know if it would make any difference though... They are 4 into 1 extractors, got em cheap...
How much is the redline worth?

·
Registered
227 Posts
Redline manifolds are cheap around $350 new.

How much compression do you have with your LPG setup? Go a cam with heaps of overlap 290/300 with shorter valve lift for LPG

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I am running 11.5:1 comp, it wouldn't run on pump fuel without pinging its head off, hence why I went straight gas, the specs of my cam are @ .050 duration 224 & 224 and .467 & .467 lift. Do you reckon this is no good for LPG?
I can go for higher lift, running double valve springs with yella terra rollers. But only standard 2v valves...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Lowy that cam sounds fine for that set-up. Have you had dizzy re-graphed for the gas? Lots of initial advance and less on the centrifigal be ideal. About 25deg static if your starter will turn it over. Lots of intital advance on a clevo really makes them haul ass down low.

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Yeah I had the dizzy regraphed, they took the vacuum advance off it altogether, and said to set it at 12 deg at idle.. When you say 25 deg static what does that mean?, I've put a high torque starter on it so there shouldn't be any problems there...

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
25 degrees static means 25 degrees at idle. 12 degrees isn't enough timing, no wonder you've got a bad low end response. Recommend you go somewhere else that knows what they are doing and get it regraphed. What sort of dizzy is it, maybe you can do it yourself?

·
always getting faster!
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It is just a bosch electronic dizzy, they wanted to know the ins and outs of my car to set it up right, they reckon they know what they are doing...
I will try it at 25 and see if it makes much difference, I would have thought it would ping its head off.....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts