Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone.

I really like the Ford Fusion hybrid ( or Mondeo, how it's called here in Italy) with 2.0L Atkinson engine, the only one available here. And i'd buy it to replace my old Focus 1.8 TDCi
Sadly in Italy it's extremely rare car, never seen on the road... and i can't have impression or a piece of information from owners and mechanics. In italy people usually buy diesel engines and the few hybrid cars are toyota mostly ...

Does anyone has this model and can explain me his impressions ?
And the most important thing... is it a good quality car and very reliable ? Has it any problem?
Because if there will be problems with car in future spare parts will be very hard to find here...

I've read that in usa fusion hybrid , also in the 2.0L version, is given to the police.. so i think/hope it's really "built tough"

Thank u

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! it seems to be a very good car !

is there any owner that have had any kind of problem? In particular with the electric parts...
Or are there there typical problems associated with this car or this engine ?

·
Registered
8 Posts
2015 Fusion Hybrid here, bought it with 265 miles on it, now has over 50,000. (1 km = 6/10 mile) I replaced the tires around 35,000 miles because of wear, and the rear speakers failed due to Rob Zombie, AC/DC etc. being played at high (all right, MAX) volume.

But I don't blame Ford for that!

The only issue was with the stock tires: Dangerous in rain, snow and ice! They hydroplaned in water, and ZERO traction on snow and ice. I don't remember the manufacturer, but they had "Green X" on the sidewall. These did give me the best gas mileage in good weather though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes, those are the ones. Even the salesman at the dealership told me to get rid of them.

I replaced them with Michelin X-ice and have had no more trouble, although I gave up a few miles per gallon.

The Green X tires would be good in someplace where it doesn't snow, or on a summertime commuter car, as long as there's no standing water on the road in a rainstorm. They did give excellent mileage, they're just not practical in the Pacific Northwest.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts