Ford Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to know how to get my stereo out without having the special magic Ford wand. A lot of you have replaced them, I see. There are a few obvious ways to do it, but my chainsaw is out for repair.
Hope someone can help.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
magic wand

It's only about $5.00. It's worth it, you could try to go in there with allen wrenches but if you mess up the tabs in there it could be a big pain in the ass.

·
Registered
8 Posts
use 2 peace of a coat hanger bent into a u shape then insert eact side of the u into the holes then pull away from the radio, with a firg grip but not to har then slid the raidio out straigh or it will buckle and get stuck and u will have to fight with it. i removed mine with a coat hanger i got from the dry cleaners.. or was it the one that was here when i moved in??? lol either way didnt cost me nothing cept 5 min of my time to make it... anf then 5 more min to remove the radio deck.

·
Registered
162 Posts
The problem is if somebody has tried to remove the radio before you and has either bent or broken the clips. Your in trouble.

A radio with decent clips can be out in less than 30 seconds. I've also spent over 30 minutes ripping the face plate off and use flat screw drivers to break/bend the clips to remove the radio.

·
Registered
5 Posts
If you haven't done anything to it yet, you should be allright. The coat hanger thing works, tho. That's how I got mine out. Took about 15 seconds. Make sure not to go more than 1 inch in to the stereo, and then apply a little ******d pressure on the hanger/clips. Many people push the clips in and then pull straight out. You have to push the bars/hangers away from each other to release the clips on the side of the radio.

·
93 2.3 MTX BOLTED OUT!
626 Posts
if hangers dont work, disconnect the neg. battery cable, and maybe the + to lol, take a very large skill saw and cut a square hole in the dash around the deck as deep as possible, from the vehicle u wish to ubtain the deck from, parked in the mall. skill saws work 2, having a cordless 1 really helps!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts