Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have just replaced my head gasket and i,m thinking of removing my AirCon radiator(or what ever the thing is called HeHe) from the front of the engine Radiator , I was thinking that would make the air flow directly onto the engine radiator , which in turn would keep temp down.
Would this work?
The aircon pump belt wasnt on the car when i brought it(I live in Tasmania so how needs it down here anyway)
Can I just disconect the pipe running from the pump to the radiator , and how would I plug the pipe??
Any help would be great thanks ;-)

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Spanner :0)

There is a trye valve at the front let any gas out first (should be done properly not into the atomsphere as it may contain CFC [ i wont tell if you don't]), then just remove the dryer(round thing), the condensor (radiator thing), bumber and passenger headlight HAVE to come off if you want to remove all A/C parts :0)

Have fun
Jason

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
Oh to plug the pipes bit of thick plastic and cable ties will do

·
Ford Appreciation Society
3,666 Posts
Do you have a temp problem?? If your cooling system is working, the thermostat would govern what temp your engine is. By increasing airflow won't necessarily make the engine run cooler.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Dellboy999 sounds like a fun job (pull the car to bits just to remove one part HeHe)

EBXR, No I dont have a temp prob I was just thinking since i,m not using the aircon it might open up that front area and keep the radiator cooler.
One thing though since the new head gasket the temp gauge reads lower then before , well below the L but on long drives moves up to the R.
When it gets to the R it will move down very fast then up fast an so on(hope you understand this HeHe)
Would it be time for a new sensor? (is that the one on the thermostat housing)?
Cheers!

·
Banned
3,104 Posts
If it's fluctuating it's time for a new thermostat. Make sure it's the correct temperature, some of the aftermarket ones are a few degrees out, and although it sounds stupid, they can make a difference to your fuel consumption...

·
BA'o'Matic 100% working.
3,838 Posts
The headlight is really easy, and the bumper is simple as well, pulled them out a few times, first time though the bumper bolts are a pain in the ass to get loose, and the charcol cannister (passenger side), or if you have abs thats there too, make that side a bit tricky.

Jason

1 - 7 of 7 Posts