Ford Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how would i go about removing a ford badge of the ea bonnet without wrecking the paint?
As i just got a new grill with the badge on it and it looks a little :ghey: with 2 badges there

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts
what are you going to do about the recess? ive always removed them with a spatula, but it may be a bit hard in that position. heat lamp maybe?

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i was thinking about just leaving the recess cause i cant be stuffed playing around with the bog and fibreglass
but i don't know! has any one got ideas?

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how about the left over glue?
won't it take the clear coat off?

·
wants a manual!
1,461 Posts
just use some prepsol to remove the left over glue but make sure you re wax it where you used it as it will leave the paint unprotected. as for the recess i did the same to my ea and just left the recess there but after a while it got to me so i bogged it and painted it. another alternative is to find an EB bonnet that is the same colour as your car.

·
feed me hey
4,692 Posts
Usually the badge comes off and the black foam stuff stays there. Use some sort of solvent to get the rest off.

·
Rip Up The Track Join OFR
6,021 Posts
i seen Jeff at Herrod's removed some badge's for me, he used a little heat from a heat gun then got a very little screw driver just flicked it off, come so easy and like johnxr6 said he used prepsol to clean...

·
E-Series wagon owner
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Jason_m9 said:
I've always used fishing line to take 'em off, doesn't have any shape edges to scratch... nice and smooth...

Jase
tried it and the fishing line just snaps
i'll try the heat gun thing just need to ask my dad to bring the heat gun home from work

1 - 9 of 9 Posts