Ford Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Vintage Mustang Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading the post describing my troubles with the intake, it is learned that there is now a vast amount of water inside my engine. What would be the most efficient way to rid the water from the engine, I mean its obvious I should drain the oil, but what will I have to do in order to remove all the water that might not have drained with the oil? This is a fresh engine I would hate do have it damaged from this problem. Thank you all for your help.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Archimedes said:
After reading the post describing my troubles with the intake, it is learned that there is now a vast amount of water inside my engine. What would be the most efficient way to rid the water from the engine, I mean its obvious I should drain the oil, but what will I have to do in order to remove all the water that might not have drained with the oil? This is a fresh engine I would hate do have it damaged from this problem. Thank you all for your help.
If it happened to me, I would get the compressor with air blower and blow from he top of the engine down (ie remove rockers & blowdown pushrod passages, etc, inside exhaust / inlet ports, etc) To be extra safe, lift heads & blow in bores, but it$ up to you.Then drain oil, run for 20 or so minutes & repeat a couple of times, to be sure. Heat soak should evaporate left over traces of water..

1 - 2 of 2 Posts