Ford Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Tickford and FPV Bloke
953 Posts
pull it off if its still in reasonable condition, just start at one end and pull. You will then need to clean the area with some paint cleaner or alike to get rid of the sticky crap, and then a good polish would also be needed to even the area out - as it may look brighter under where the stripe was.

·
GUN.40L
407 Posts
my pin striping has all cracks through it and there would be no way id be able to peel it off, when picking at it with the finger it comes off.. what method other then this would be suitable... anyone does this before? i was thinking a mild cut compound... ruin the paint?

·
known as tibbo
2,033 Posts
you can buy a scraper.. It is a tool the holds a razor blade.. Just go nice and steady and always keep it parrallel to the body.. THen any goo remover will take off the last of the glue residue.. I use prepsol.. Then a quick ploish to put some wax back onto the paint

·
Now With 9 inch LSD Diff
575 Posts
Casper said:
you can use a hairdrier to soften the sticky shit as you pull it off. Might make it a bit easier.
thats the best idea with heat it makes it peel off together more than when it is cold so it shouldn't take that long

·
Registered
264 Posts
Just get some Chlorine powder... mix it with water... Pour it on the side of your car and Add Sunrasia juice...

(Actually don't if you still want a car remaining)

Actually never do that if you want to live

·
GUN.40L
407 Posts
yeah might try the credit card.. actually medicare card haha... im worried about using the razor blade incase i cut into the paint..

·
Registered
101 Posts
this is a long shot, but make shore that the pin strips are on top of the clear coat, i have seen b4 dodgy repairs where that have painted right over the old paint (without even sanding) and over pin strips. and even clear after the pin stips are one. those people should be shot!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts