Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Will Dashwood
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Just bought a W reg (2000) Ford Fiesta Encore TDi 1753cc 5 door hatchback which unfortunately came with a aftermarket CD player, one which turns it's nose in disgust a CD-R's and appears to have no buffer so it's jumping all over the place. So I want to replace it but can't manage to get this one out!

I've used the release tools which came with the new stereo and that gets it about half way out but then it seems to get stuck on something else. Anyone have any advice? It has the fascia plate to fill the gaps as I assume the original stereo was a custom size.

Someone suggested removing other bits off the panel to get a hand in there to feel what's blocking it. Any ideas most welcome; it took 10 minutes to get through Bohemian Rhapsody today, must have done "the fandango" at least 5 times!

U

·
0 Posts
hi mate , i used to have the kobmbi van ,. same year as yours, and i found that just over the heater controls. there is a little lip with under that 2 philip screws, somehow i bent the lip down,and could get a screw driver in to them , hope this helps,. its been a while .but if you are local i would help you , but i guess that your miles away from FY5 area , regards Nat

·
Will Dashwood
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, didn't get notification of a reply. Got a friend of mine to get it out and it turns out it was the rail clamp (?) at the back which needed to be released then it came out fine. New stereo much better but now I'm on to speakers but that's for a new thread I think!

Cheers for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
willdashwood
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing