Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I normally hire cars from hertz. Therefore they are Fords. However, today I got a car from Avis. Statesman with 19700km.
This car is junk already. It clunks in the steering so badly that I can feel it through the floor. The front door seals leak (wind noise), and the automatic trans doesn't know what it's doing. Even worse, it's a VERY big car but the boot is tiny and the C-hinges interfere with the CD stacker. I could barely fit my Mountain Bike in the boot!
If it was screwed together properly it would be okay (looks better than Fairlane I have to say). Just needs a V8 (although being a renter it goes harder than normal Statesmans :evil2: :evil: )

·
Nacho Nacho Man!
3,514 Posts
Last time work sent me to the UK, I had a Mondeo from Hertz - went pretty good I thought. I swear, those poms know how to drive on motorways! 160kph and courteous at the same time. I started at the speed limit (drove between Heathrow and Dudley, which is west of Birmingham) which was 70mph, and everyone was passing me. Eventually I was doing 100mph :D (160kph+) and I was still being passed! However, everyone sticks to the left and only move into right lanes when required (beamers and stuff doing 100+mph. Even at 100mph, I was rarely in the 3rd lane. Very much unlike morons on our roads who think the middle lane is the slow lane... or is that just an M4 thing, since it was 2 lanes for so long? :confused:

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Last time I rented from Avis I got an AU1 Forte. Can't remember how many K on it but it was quite nice. Got abit scary on the Calder hiway doing 120km/h but I found out that it had been in a big bingle. The Avis agent was a small Holden dealer so I had to park it in the driveway.:evil: The manager commented that I got the best car in the fleet he had!

·
gone
10,402 Posts
The last time I rented a car it was a Dodge Viper:cool:

But, normally it has to be a Ford, so I usually shop around until I can get one from the various interstate rental companies

·
Mmmm, forbidden donut
365 Posts
Hertz was recently acquired by the Ford motor company...

Methinks that the purchase of Lasers may not just be a coincidence ;)

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FMC have been a stakeholder in Hertz for a long time (if memory serves me right).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
6 Participants
Aussie Pete
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing