Ford Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's involved with replacing a standard EB GLi dash (instruments) with something out of a Fairmont or XR (with Tacho)? Presumably I would need to get a 6cyl cluster so the tacho would read correctly or do they have a switch on them to change to V8?

·
Registered
698 Posts
As far as I know with these dashes, there are no switches to change them from I6 to V8 or vice versa.
Also, you will need to fit an Oil pressure sensor, instead of the standard Oil pressure switch that is fitted.
Apart from that, It should work nicely !!!

(I dont have My EA workshop manual with me at the moment, so I dont know If the plugs are different, or extra wires need to be connected, but as far as Im aware, the only concern is the Oil Pressure sensor - Without it, Your Oil Pressure will Read either Full pressure, or No Pressure.

·
The cat in the hat
400 Posts
You must make sure the cluster you get is for the same date range as your vehicle...as EB2 cluster...with or without smartlock etc....must be a 6 cyl cluster for a 6 etc..
Have put an 's' cluster in my EB Gli wagon have no problems with it, only needed to change the oil switch to a sender....:s2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts