1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,
This one is a little puzzling.....
I own a 2006 Crown Victoria LX
My mechanic neighbor replaced my rear axle with a police axle (had no choice, a new one would have been a ton of money in California) and it threw the speedo way off because of the change in ratios.
I'm now a little confused at what to purchase (Speedometer drive gears vs. Speedometer Transmitters or ??) for everything that I'm reading and what works with the new axle ratio. Can anyone help with this mind bending problem....??
Below is all the information I can give to help out.
1. Transmission is the OEM from the manufacturing plant - Transmission code is "S". Below is the door sticker, also showing the original axle code before it got swapped out - old axle code on sticker is "C8".
Font Material property Electric blue Auto part Label

2. Next, the picture is of the new police axle which reads:
V008F SYN
27 88 7P01
From what I've been reading the "27" code on the stamp means its a 3.27 ratio axle (I could be wrong).
Gas Automotive exterior Font Auto part Metal

From all this information, can anyone give me an idea on what "new" part to buy or how to recalibrate this new problem?
Many thanks in advance.....

·
Super Moderator
1,528 Posts
Your car originally had 2.73 gears and now has 3.27s which explains the speedometer being off. You will either need a tuner to correct this or Forscan can do it as well if you buy the Elm327 dongle and software. The dealer might be able to change it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bajarider

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your car originally had 2.73 gears and now has 3.27s which explains the speedometer being off. You will either need a tuner to correct this or Forscan can do it as well if you buy the Elm327 dongle and software. The dealer might be able to change it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Many thanks my friend! Looks like I do have some good options.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts