Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've noticed part of the rubber door seal near the bottom on the drivers side door is damaged.

Is there anyway to fix this or should I just replace the door seal alltogether?

Should I replace all the door seals while i'm at it or just the drivers side door seal or should I take it to some place that replace door seals & get them to do it?
also anyone got any idea how much the seals cost??

XR97

·
Lamahs approve of manuals
1,382 Posts
Ah . . . door seals - how I hate them :p

I've got an EL, and for some reason, the drivers door seal (at the bottom) is shot, and gets pulled, so that about 30cm's of it sits outside (bulges out) the bootom of the door when its closed.

I had it replaced once under warranty, which worked for about 2 months, at which point it restarted its old habits. No door damage or sill damage is detectable, and the door doesn't seem to have dropped at all, but it continues to do it.

Anyhow, I've tried a few different things, glues, sikaflex etc, and nothing much has worked - everything either separates from the paint, or the rubber, or both :p I can see a hammer and nails making an appearance before too much longer . . .

I think new rubbers are around the $80 mark . . . Its not hard to replace, but you need all the little plastic "t clips" before you start (get new ones, they don't survive the removal procedure).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
The Tear is fairly long so I'm not sure how glue would go.

I've rang up a ford spares place and the bloke said yeah it's comman for the seals go on the EL's (even more so on the drivers side)
he said you better off just getting another one & replace it.
so I've ordered one (not cheap) 80 something dollars as you said XR8 Lamah.
I'm glad i only have to replace one door.
So that should solve the problem :thup:
Anyway what's the best thing to apply to the seals to keep then it good order & protect them?

Thanks all for replying

XR97

1 - 4 of 4 Posts