Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Bazzo
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, jus wondering if anyone here has had there ute lowered by reseting there leaf springs? if you have please let me know how the car handles and if it has stiffened it up so u can carry a bit of weight in the tray still.
thanks bazzo

·
MCHLUV
112 Posts
i was gonna get it done but didn't. aparently they re set the spring and also put in another leaf to take car of the load carrying ability, might make it a bit rougher ride though. pedders quotes 1800. i decided it'd be too unpractical.
good luck

·
Bazzo
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1800.....that massive. ive been quoted 800 for all new suspension all round including getting the leafs reset.

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have had my utes leafs reset two inches with two inch blocks and the car handles really well, the ride is a bit rough but i think that could be due more to the 19 inch wheels, i have towed a car on a car trailer with my ute and it handled it fine and not the rear suspension didnt sag at all, a mate of mine has his leaf springs in his xh set nearly flat with no blocks and it sits nearly the same height as my ute and it handles really well too. 1800 is way too much for restet leafs, you should not be paying more than 400 to get it done. go to the white line website and have a look at the xf project and that may give you some ideas on what to do www.whiteline.com.au go to products then suspension kits then kit for your car on the right had side then ford then then project xf part 3, hope this helps

1 - 4 of 4 Posts