Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I am yet to get my car lowered and need some more advice. After calling a few places, i've noticed that some places replace the existing springs with new lowered springs and other places reset the existing springs, where the resetting alternative is significantly cheaper. Does anyone know anything about reset springs? i.e. is the ride any good, handling, roughness??? Will it affect the life of the spring? The guy at one of the shops reckons the ride wont change much, it will just be a little stiffer... Your thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks!

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi,

I guess it really depends on how they reset the springs.

A friend of mine works at monroe, and if he resets springs, he takes a full day to do it. (So you will be without a car for a couple of days)

Make sure that they dont cut the springs... that has to be one of the most dangerous things you can do.

I just paid $180 for a full set of Low King springs... thats only $45 per spring... I dont think its that expensive - considering you know they will work, and you get a warranty.

:)
Kelli S

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kelli,

$180 for a new set of king springs sounds cheap... Can i ask where you got them from? I got quoted $390 for a set.

Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Kelli,

Did he also do the install for you, or was that price for the springs alone.?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was told by a friend that resetting the springs keeps the ride in the same state as current, i.e. the ride won't be any stiffer than with new lowered springs. Is this true??

·
I want a turtle!
2,635 Posts
Hi Oz,

The price was for the springs only.
He installed them for free for me, cos he owed me a favour.

:)
Kelli S

1 - 8 of 8 Posts