Ford Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to reset the BA's ECU without unplugging the battery for the whole night?

There should be a fuse (normally labelled "EFI") that you can you can just take out. However I can't seem to find the EFI fuse anywhere.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
fullthrottle said:
Does anyone know how to reset the BA's ECU without unplugging the battery for the whole night?

There should be a fuse (normally labelled "EFI") that you can you can just take out. However I can't seem to find the EFI fuse anywhere.

Any ideas?
the "FUSE BOX"

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
on a serious note i have been told that all you need to do is unplug the alarm siren then disconnect the battey for aroung 30 mins & that sould do it

as i said at the begining it is only what i have been told & i have not tested it as yet

regards
rod

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
LOL!!!!!!!!! I've checked that. But I dont see a EFI fuse in there.

·
More horsepower required
612 Posts
You have to disconnect the battery , but only for 10 minutes.
Make sure you disable the alarm first . I've done it numerous times and 10 minutes is all thats needed. Reset the clock , and you're done

·
Registered
24 Posts
excuse the ignorant question, but why would you need to reset the computer?

is there something i can play with on my boss that i dont know about??

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Mr_XR said:
excuse the ignorant question, but why would you need to reset the computer?

is there something i can play with on my boss that i dont know about??
Mr XR.

The theory is that when you reset the computer it defaults everything back to factory standard. Then as you drive, the computer learns your habbits.
The computer is always learning your habbits anyways, but resetting it back to factory default will theoretically quicken the process.

Some people like to reset the computer after doing mods so that the computer can account for these mods quicker.
Please note that this is no replacement for an aftermarket chip. :eek:)

I haven't tried this on the BA yet....

·
Team Galaxy Try Hard
550 Posts
Do you need to re-enter the stereo codes? (I want to try it on my AU)
Also, will the car default back to auto mode instead of being in economy or performance mode?)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Just catback and air intake.
it has just also ticked over 5,000kms.
I would like to reset the maps and start fanging it from scratch.

·
Registered
695 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol...
my current setup with custom made. It's basically a split system (Y piece removed) dual 2.5inch from cat to first muffler. after the first muffler it runs dual 2.25 over the diff out to another muffler. Both mufflers are twin in twin outs.

I'm still waiting to see/hear the HPX catback system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
You have to disconnect the battery , but only for 10 minutes.
Make sure you disable the alarm first . I've done it numerous times and 10 minutes is all thats needed. Reset the clock , and you're done
How do you disable the alarm?

·
Super Moderator
20,676 Posts
You have replied to a 16 yr old post . We are not allowed to answer how to disable alarms due to possible legal liabilities

1 - 15 of 15 Posts