Ford Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok following on from the Car Type = Respect thread posted by andyz4000, it has got me thinking about something on the same lines.

How does everyone driving with these so called respected cars. I mean surely some of us get that burst of energy to suddenly drive what other motorists percieve as silly.

Heres one instance that recently happened to me. Was driving on the Great Western Hwy home on sunday after the car show decided to enjoy the car on my home hwy so i over take cars to get ahead of a bunch of cars, then i caught up to another bunch of cars it was an 80km/h zone the P plater in a "Super Responsive(tm)" model corona was doing a touch under 80km/h in the over taking lane, so i gained on her quite quickly so i flashed my headlights to say "hey i'm going pretty quick here" anyway she didn't move and going up hill a quick shift to 4th i over took on the left lane and done my striderlanechange(tm) she flashed her lights at me and i put the hazzard on to project the message of "whats yr problem can you at least move".
But when i got home and thought about it i feel pretty stupid doing that and given that she was on her P's she probably didn't have the thinking to move to the left so i sortof felt bad about it.

To the girl P Plater i over took badly in Faulconbridge/Linden "apologies".

Anyone else notice one tends to drive abit more enthusiastically at times in these what public percieve as respected cars.

Cheers.

·
Blue Blooded Ford Man
1,619 Posts
Stryder, I don't think it was you. People driving slow in the fast lane should get the hell off the road.

And they should see you. Any competent driver should be constantly checking their mirrors. They should see you coming and get out of your way. It is common courteousy.

Notice I said "should". Because usually the only mirror that is checked is the Vanity mirror!

·
کhậ۴ţ
682 Posts
XR_Strider_GuY said:

But when i got home and thought about it i feel pretty stupid doing that and given that she was on her P's she probably didn't have the thinking to move to the left so i sortof felt bad about it.

To the girl P Plater i over took badly in Faulconbridge/Linden "apologies".

Cheers.
As a P-Plater, it should be fresh in her mind that hanging out in the passing lane is a definate No No!!

If she is doing it now, it's gonna become a 20year habit!

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
i generally have no problems changing lanes to let ppl pass me if they're going faster then me, saying that i sit on the speed limit so anyone who's trying to overtake me is just speeding >:) so sometimes i'm a bitch and keep on my way overtaking at a 'slower' pace. but I'm following the road rules :D
ps. i'm a P plater

oh, and the only time someones flashed me for sitting the the right lane was a B-Double truck near the ford factory, i wasnt gunna argue so i moved over..... overtook him again about 5 mins later

·
a little bit sideways
1,258 Posts
i agree completely. when i am in the XR, i am more aggressive. is a lot of fun to drive and is very capable. it is also extremely easy to sit on 80 in a 60 zone as the car is so quiet and comfortable. knowing you have ABS, funbags and a host of other safety bits makes me a bit complacent.

in the fiesta, it is a completely different story. the suspension and brakes are such that each time i brake, it is a planned effort. as such, i dont tailgate, i leave lots of space, i watch the road extra carefully and i generally drive a lot more defensively. also, the nature of the car means that speeding is difficult, and you really know when you are doing 60.

·
P1mp Daddy
518 Posts
I remember when i test drove a TT 300 ZX.

Yeah you could say i was a menace to society.

When i drive my mums fairmont, i dont want to go fast... I dont know why that is. Perhaps its all the Chrome ?

·
Mmm, high pressure wash.
3,086 Posts
Strider, I have a story like yours but it occurred on the M2.

I was in the right lane passing all the sloths when I came up behind a van in the right lane doing about 85km/h in a 100km/h zone. After sitting about half a metre from his date and him not getting the picture, I overtook in the left lane (undertook?), cut in front of him and then took my foot off the accellerator.

I even made pointing gestures to the left but he still didn't get the picture. When my coasting speed finally got to about 50 km/h he finally rubbed his 2 brain cells together and moved over. It was a straight stretch of road so I took both hands off the wheel and gave him a clap.

Then I got up to 120 km/h where I should have been all along...

I realise my actions weren't exactly intellectual, but FFS, if you want to use the road, learn how to [email protected]#$ing drive! Especially if you want to use the same road as me.
As I've said countless times on these forums: if I had a Hummer I would not have these problems.

/selfish driver mode

·
Look! A flying orangutan!
3,104 Posts
Well, my comment would be, if she's not overtaking, why the hell was she in the right hand lane?
People like her, or the guy in the van 3toed got stuck behind, cause accidents. In fact I reckon they are more dangerous than people who do a few ks over the limit, and should be fined by the cops in preference to the rest of us!

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
XLR8 said:
How the hell do you get the Hazards to say that??? Mine say "click click" This is an after market system??
Hahahahaha, you made my day mate. :muha: :muha: :muha:

·
You can do eeeit!
1,511 Posts
Yeah, I spend most of my driving time in the left lane where possible. It's kinda silly driving at the speed limit in something that's real happy to go faster. Well....

Maybe except overtaking another P-plater doing 10k below the limit, or

Maybe except when I lock in cruise control belting up Mt Ousley Rd and hang on for the ride!

I don't drive soft either, according to statements made by family members.

·
gone
10,402 Posts
Hey Gaz

I have to disagree with you, she should have been fully aware of road rules.

Not only has she put herself in danger to road rage, but has caused you and other drivers to take risks that shouldnt be there..

Keep those lane changes safe Gary and keep the BSR moto alive!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
11 Participants
laminge
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing