Ford Forums banner

Restore/Refurbish a garage kept 1968 LTD Brougham.

520 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  R.S.LOGAN 
#1 ·
I have a 1968 Ford LTD Brougham. It has been in the family since new in '68. It has less than 40,000 original miles. It has been in a garage under cover for 20+ years. I would like to get it in running condition well enough for me to be comfortable with my wife driving the car when she needs to. I did not, unfortunately, drain the fluids. I am going to take it to my regular mechanic who does a lot of work on classics and hot rods for an estimate but I was wondering if anyone has had something similar done and might have a ball-park figure as to the possible cost.
Thanks

#3 ·
The garage came up with a price of $4,000 after going over the car for a couple of weeks. Because the body and interior are showroom condition it was all under the hood stuff. They have put the engine back together, rebuilt the 4bbl carburetor, sent the radiator out for cleaning and are waiting for some hard to find parts. It is going very good and pretty sure it will stay under the estimate.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.