Ford Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

As fellow Ford Fanatics i'd like to know your thoughts on the Retro Thunder Bird being released in the States.

I reckon it's a sweet vehicle, the 3.9L V8 is a charm although abit down on cubies. Must say i like the styling and it's good to see Ford not copying the main stream Japanese style. I'd rather have the Retro ThunderBird over an S2000 or Z3.

·
Ford Focus WRC Driver.
761 Posts
EF_Falcon_GuY said:
Guys,

As fellow Ford Fanatics i'd like to know your thoughts on the Retro Thunder Bird being released in the States.

I reckon it's a sweet vehicle, the 3.9L V8 is a charm although abit down on cubies. Must say i like the styling and it's good to see Ford not copying the main stream Japanese style. I'd rather have the Retro ThunderBird over an S2000 or Z3.
It believe it's certainly a step in the right direction for the company. A bold move it is....but it gives a great degree of differentiation to the marketplace which is saturated with high tech, razor edged cars! Giving a classic car modern components is certainly a wise move. From what I've heard, it's certainly well received in the US not only by older generation buyers but the younger audience. Not sure if it'll succeed in Australia.....give releasing it here will be the only way to find out!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Yeah

I don't mind it but it isn't something I would buy. As retro goes it is one of the better examples going around.

·
Registered
880 Posts
I like the new T bird. I read a thing awhile back saying that the new Stang would lean towards the retro thing. Looks like all the car makers are heading towards the retro thing.

·
Formerly J-type
1,629 Posts
I quite like the design of the new Thunderbird too, as mentioned above it gets away from conventional design themes e.g. most things that come out of Japan.

·
Administrator
5,087 Posts
I think it is a pretty good job they have done on it.It is quite a stylish car.I don't like the PT Cruiser type of thing.

G

·
0 Posts
I like it as well the retro style in becoming increasingly popular even for street machiners. :cool: :cool:

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
I reckon the new T-Bird is horn. Can't wait for the new Stang either. What do you guys reckon about a retro theme for the all new Falcon? Maybe do a throw back to the XW-Y as a theme. Needs to have the same monster engines though.. ;) :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts