Ford Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Probe Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, well im about to take the engine block out of my 3.0 probe, im planning on reusing it, a friend of mine said that it will only need to have the cylinders rebored (spelling sucks I know) will this require me then to use like bigger pistons or what? cause according to him just by doing the scrach pattern on the cylinder holes after measuring that its wihtin spec, i will be able to use the same pistons, i mean it sounds right but by doing the bore thing doesnt that make the cylinder too big for the piston? will i need bigger piston rings? thanks for any help

·
Probe GL Member
77 Posts
Ask this at http://probesport.com/forums

I'm the performance moderator over there for the 3.0 forum.

I have a post with links to some performance parts for the engine, Including higher performance pistons.

But yeah you can reuse the block assuming it's not destroyed!

·
Forgotten
65 Posts
If you have your engine rebored, then you'll have to get oversized pistons.
If you have your engine honed, then you shouldn't need oversized pistons, just new rings.

You won't know which will work until you get to look at the condition of the piston bores, so plan on getting oversized pistons just in case.

·
Old Skool Member
1,031 Posts
If he has to go with larger pistons, and a larger bore, doesnt that mean that his displacement will also go up? Like maybe to a 3.1 or something like that?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts