Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I expect that a few of y'all will be there hidden in amongst the metal. Other than the adds for 'The cars and the Stars' I have no real idea what we'll be seeing there.

Anyone else have any clues?

I just hope I remember to take the camcorder.....

oh, and by the way, there's a local Ford Day going on at Newcastle Racecourse on the evening of July 26th. If you're reading this between now (8.30pm on July 25th) and then, get your Ford arse into gear and go see it. That's for all of you who are wonder WTF I am talking about...

Lukeyson

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Basically it will a display of cars, transporter, signing autographs etc.....
They will be a charity auction with some great items, saw one of them today. It is an AU II wheel mounted and framed and all the drivers have signed it......looks AWESOME!!!

The Band V8 Swine will be playing ....o yeah i also helped pick the models for the night!!!!!!!!!

Looks like it will be raining, but the event is under cover.

If you drive an XR or T series you will able to park in the Gold pass area, Go to the main gate and you will be directed to another gate. This area is just for XR's and T series and will be security patrolled.

My mate has organised the whole event and should be a great night...

cya there

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
I know David Flint and Tony Chesterman from Tickford are going.

·
CEO - The BSR Group
4,400 Posts
I'll be there... damn rain... grr... just washed the beast too.. :fmad:

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Was a great night, the drivers were excellent and seemed happy to be there signing thousands of autographs..

Good to see a few of the NSW Tickford guys there.....

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
Ford Man said:
Got any piccies mate?? How was the weather for it??
Should have some pics soon.......

The weather was a shocker!!.....But the whole event was held undercover so no problems.

O yeah Lowndes and (Natalie) and legends, nothing was to much trouble for the fans.....Skaife you #@!$% are you listening????

·
My Neck Hurts....
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I took the camcorder, but since it felt like a big V8supercar day anyway, I passed on filming any of the drivers. Plus, I couldn't get past the crowds, and you'll see them all on TV on Sunday anyway.

What I did get was a few little snippets of the cars on display - the first RHD F250 (albeit only in 4.2litre Turbo Diesel trim - I was hoping to see a 7.3L jobbie) and Mustang that I've seen in the flesh, and a TE50 that was on display. There was also a wild Xr8 Ute I snapped aswell.

I'll get them done in Realplayer format and up on a website soon. I promise. But they won't be that impressive, I warn you now.

I was a bit disappointed to tell you the truth. Too many people, too little to see. The real SBR cars were there. But the FTR car was a mockup, and although Lowndes was there, his car wasn't, and neither was DJR.

I wonder if the petition to get a V8 race in Newcastle will get anywhere....

Lukeyson

·