Ford Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I was driving down the road the other day after filling up with petrol and my speedometer suddenly stopped working I then noticed my fuel light came on,this coincided with what I thought was the fuel pump whining and struggling but I thought it was because the tank had run low previous,it only happened for 30 seconds and then everything went back to normal,does any one have any advice?

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
Check for loose wires/connectors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello thank you for responding,loose connections where? Under the dash,the bonnet,the actual pump? The wheel sensor on the rear trans axle or front wheel hub?

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
That part is never the easy part. I would start with your grounds. and see if there's any connectors back by the tank.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't even know what a "ground" is,you mean an electrical wire?
Can I ask.. there are 4 indivual speed sensors for each wheel right then a main sensor on the drivers side block near the belt system then is there another behind the engine near the EGR valve pump or is this the Cam shaft sensor?

·
Super Moderator
8,437 Posts
Yes, ground is the negative, it can go all the way back to the battery or bond with the body of the car. The speed sensors at the wheels are used for the anti-lock braking system, the spped sensor on the output shaft of the trans-axle is used for the speedometer/odometer. I'm not that familiar with Escapes, but I'd venture a guess that the one by the belt system may be your main speed sensor if it is physically mounted on the trans-axle.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I,ve been doing abit of work on the suspension and haven't come across any problems with the individual sensors though I,m not savy enough to check the current but after doing research the symptoms do suggest VSS sensor which is on top of the rear of the trannsaxle problem is trying to find the correct term to use online to source the part,is it a VSS sensor / a RPM sensor / a Camshaft sensor,cheers for your advice I'm gonna go have a look today

1 - 7 of 7 Posts