Ford Forums banner

Ricers: Race 'em or Laugh at 'em??

• Every Time: Im the quickest and they need to know that!

Votes: 17 23.3%
  • Sometimes: Depends how quick Im feeling!

Votes: 34 46.6%
  • Never: Its more entertaining watching them miss a gear and grind the spoiler on the road!!

Votes: 22 30.1%
1 - 20 of 182 Posts

·
3FB's Peter Pan!!!
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my experience I generally laugh at them and let them go tearing off into the distance, only ever having a crack at a Commodore or a fellow Falcon when leaving the lights...what do you do? Have you got any interesting experiences to share?

·
Chasing 500rwkw
3,176 Posts
Both, laugh then drag then laugh again!
I only ever race ricers to the speed limit, by then they cant catch up anyway.

·
100MPH Hunter
1,045 Posts
Depends on my mood and how much of a ricer he is......
But most of the time I just let them go, and with all the unwanted attention that is becoming more and more apparent on the roads it just isn't worth it.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Ive seen TWO of those stupid looking try-hard tiny sports cars suzuki have released today driven by guys with a female as passenger (i wouldnt drive one). Both these guys had spiked up hair and muscle shirts. Cant wait to totally humiliate one at the lights. Someone tell me when they do!

·
BOFH
7,560 Posts
Never do it. A ricer is a waste of fuel!
I get my kicks on the track most of the time.
Besides, street racing (up to the limit or not) is dangerous. But then, I'm an old fart, what would I know :p

·
EF & ZH owner
620 Posts
it's preety sad when a vtec honda or something blows your doors off, so mostly I don't bother.. untill i get my xr8 .. mwahhaha

·
Whats traction?
2,197 Posts
Normally I don't bother, but I had this moron in a turbo'd swift beside me the other day that needed to be taught a lesson.

He was revving his engine beside me all the way through the red light and I still wasn't going to bother. But when he took off and made a pathetic little squeak with his tyre it was too much... so I pulled him back from a car length ahead and was 1/2 a car in front by the time I reached the 80 linit for the road.

Then shook my head as he 'sped' past me knowing he got whipped!

·
Just give me an excuse...
3,949 Posts
i don't usually do anything but for merge bandits thats an exception.

·
RACE
2,950 Posts
Night_Lurker said:
i don't usually do anything but for merge bandits thats an exception.
Dito here. If my lane is ending I'll have a go getting ahead if it's safe otherwise no drag racing for me in recent times.

No point in dragging them as it's a waste of time.

·
Lord of the RC
2,515 Posts
Did just that last nite, pulle dup behind a early 90's corolla, low, rims exhaust dark dark dark tint kiddies in the car

he took off, i took off a bit after him, but 20 meters up the road was already past him and laughing my head off.. first time in teh ST.. it was all good ;)

·
Registered
5,083 Posts
Meh, I don't bother, usually just laugh as they scream off doing red line shifts and I'm keeping up with the throttle 3/4 of the way down in econ mode.

Every now and a again I might nail it to the speed limit, but I can't really afford the petrol right now.

VL's with cut springs, some stupid slogan on the back window, a seat that puts my bed to shame for flatness and VY SS rims....that's another story.

·
Often has bolts left over
848 Posts

·
.au member
2,747 Posts
you gotta love the cars where the wheels are worth more than the car itself, and theyre so shiny you can see yourself in them.

My common tactic when 'carrooooooozin' wit da boyz' (as its known around here) is to have one guy in the back passenger seat. When we pull up to the lights and have some idiot revving his little Jimny up trying to make me race him, my mate opens the back door ever so slightly, drops a triple bunger and closes it, then we enjoy watching the ricer owner in the rear view looking around wondering what the hell has happened to his car. Works every time!

·
Registered
548 Posts
Box Hill, Saturday nights, riceies every were, rex's, suzis, hondas, u name it and it's there doing laps. Love to get beside them, put it into ss mode and leave them for shit- up to the speed limit--- these other cars need a run up to get to any real speed. Always about 5 car lenths ahead of them.

·
I am a Turbo Wanker
2,379 Posts
I'll generally drag them AFTER they go for it so I can play catchup and blow past them. Had a VTEC CIVIC try to run me Sunday night, he chirped his fonr tires on launch and on 1st to second and the poof was still a car length behind. Then as the speed got bigger so did the gap :angel:

·
Zetec Is Better Than VTEC
184 Posts
I only race the really bad ricers........ It's funny how i'm only on l's and my parents just sittin there let me heheheeh. I only ever go to the speed limit usually only in 2nd by that time, but other wise i just laugh at em.
I love the ones that say stickers give u power, can't stop laughing at them.

·
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel
3,582 Posts
I just laugh them off.

The pleasure of beating them isn't worth the cost of the fuel to do it.

Though I do love putting Skylines in their place. I do find though since buying the Turbo I generally get left alone. It's fun to watch cars come tearing up the road only to notice the car and then sit right back and not pass me.

Monaros are the worse for that, I have not yet have one try and go me. They always hang back then pass when I'm caught in traffic.

1 - 20 of 182 Posts