Ford Forums banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Ah my favourite colour:D Just imagine being the guy in the bed. Poor guy now has to try and fix his house and trust me that is going to cost :(

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
HSE2 said:
Ah my favourite colour:D Just imagine being the guy in the bed. Poor guy now has to try and fix his house and trust me that is going to cost :(
We know why, you were they guy driving the WRX and are getting stung for it aren't ya! ;) :p

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Damn you got me this time...

I'll get you <i>NEXT TIME IAN</i>......... <b><i>NEXT TIME</i></b> :rolleyes:

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
DK, you can't call them Ricers. That's racist.
I thought we went through this???????? :CraZ: :WH:

·
Bring Back the 24hr!!!
5,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do believe the racist claims came from the use of a word 3 letters long starting with "W" however is anyone objects I will change it

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
Aussie Pete said:
DK, you can't call them Ricers. That's racist.
I thought we went through this???????? :CraZ: :WH:
This is direct from www.riceboypage.com

Don't you know that the name "Rice-Boy" is racist?

Does the name suggest Asian stuff? Why yes it does. But the "rice" part refers to the cars, not to the people. For many years, Harley riders have been calling Japanese sport bikes "Rice-Rockets". No one assumed the rider was Asian then, and no one assumed that the person calling the bike a "rice-rocket" was a racist.
Regardless of the race of the drivers, the cars still come from Japan. The ethnic background of Rice-Boys varies widely. The origin of their preferred vehicles (Civic, Integra, Prelude, Eclipse) does not. Again, it is mostly the Asian rice-boys who respond to me that confuse their car with their whole identity, and are unable to separate the car from the driver. Again, it is mostly the Asians rice-boys who don't realize that many rice-boys not Asian.
But I wouldnt consider a WRX 'Rice', if it was a standard Impreza done up to look like one, or a Excel with 20inch rims, v8 Supercar wing, dumped on its a$$ etc then yes it would be considered Rice.

·
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog
7,777 Posts
DK: I don't object to much at all. I was taking the mickey out of the subject :D

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Martin said:

But I wouldnt consider a WRX 'Rice', if it was a standard Impreza done up to look like one, or a Excel with 20inch rims, v8 Supercar wing, dumped on its a$$ etc then yes it would be considered Rice.
Yeap couldn't agree more, another common mod is the fluro coloured wipers and racing stickers like acura racing or somethin. Oh yeah they have to have a compulsory race seats that sits so low in the car their heads are at the window sill.

:p :p :p

·
The SparkleHunter™
10,144 Posts
DONUT KING said:
Thought so, but as a Mod I have to take that stuff seriously, even if you guys don't ;) :D
Makes two of us. Please don't give me another heart attack guys, I'm still recovering from the last one!!... There's a lot of behind the scene's stuff that goes on that you guys don't know about, which makes it damn hard to keep up with stuff. Once again if you guys have any objections please send me or DK a pm or an email and we'll investigate..

POST ON!! :D :thumbup:

·
Registered
7,859 Posts
Wow, I didn't know the term "Ricer" was said in Australia. Well you learn something new everyday.

·
T5 Expert Operator
6,542 Posts
Stacy,

So i take it that ricers are common in the US as well. I'm hearing that the ricers Vs the local cars in the US is a big thing.

Cars like Mitsubishi Eclipse and Acura Integras Vs cars like Chevy Camaro's Pontiac GP. and Ford Mustang, T-Birds.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
About this Discussion
67 Replies
10 Participants
Donut King
Ford Forums
Ford Forum is a community to discuss all things Ford. Check out our discussions on the Ford Escape, Mustang, Edge, F-150, Raptor, Explorer, Focus, Fusion, Fiesta and more!
Full Forum Listing