Ford Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I've just put 18" rims on the AU, I'm happy with the ride hieght at the front but am a bit unsure about the rear. Is it an option to fit say sports rider springs on the rear to drop it about 20mm or is this the wrong approach?? Please remember I'm a country bumpkin and cant rub my ass on the road as i drive. Cheers....

·
BSR
2,279 Posts
XR8SAM said:
Guys, I've just put 18" rims on the AU, I'm happy with the ride hieght at the front but am a bit unsure about the rear. Is it an option to fit say sports rider springs on the rear to drop it about 20mm or is this the wrong approach?? Please remember I'm a country bumpkin and cant rub my ass on the road as i drive. Cheers....

Kings 'Low' (not superlow) will give you a drop of about 15-20mm without problem.
Did the same with mine and it makes a huge difference....;)

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks

Thanks XLR8, any idea of price??

·
Banned
3,514 Posts
I was told the AU XR springs are the equivalent ride height to the Kings 'low', and to get any visible reduction in height, the XR's require 'super low'.

Kings springs are about $495 fitted for all 4 corners.

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
K-Mac can custom make springs for any car and any ride height, so it may be worth speaking to them

http://www.k-mac.com.au/

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Rear springs shouldn't cost more than $130pr, you can put them in yourself, they are easy peasy. If you haven't got the tools or the inclination it should only cost $50 labour, any more and they're ripping you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts